Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Site News (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/)
-   -   Site Upgrade (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/site-news-88/site-upgrade-29829/)

07-29-2003 01:11 PM

Re:Site Upgrade

[quote author=snowman link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=#msg165320 date=1059502056]
Just out of curiosity,

What about linking Site News; Site Suggestions, News and Comments; General Diesel; Other; Towing and Hauling/RV; and Chapters forums across all 3 boards instead of try to start new ones? There is a lot of good information for all. Those forums are really not Brand specific and are beneficial to all involved on the boards.

Kyle

[/quote]

I second that - RV info is valuable to ALL RVers, regardless of what brand truck is doing the towing... Might take a little effort to separate TRUCK issues from RV issues - but doable!

For instance, a post concerning a specific brand trucks performance or problem when RV towing would be better segregated to that brand truck's area than the RV section, but our alert moderators are more than up to the task... ;D ;D ;D

dodgeman01 07-29-2003 01:24 PM

lookin good. I like it.
DM01

snowman 07-29-2003 01:37 PM

I must say this is the most impressive diesel site on the net IMHO. I tip my hat and raise a cold beer in the air to all those involved in the Administration and Moderation of this site and to ALL of it’s members. 8)

Kyle

RATTLINRAM 07-29-2003 01:53 PM

[quote author=snowman link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=#msg165320 date=1059502056]
Just out of curiosity,

What about linking Site News; Site Suggestions, News and Comments; General Diesel; Other; Towing and Hauling/RV; and Chapters forums across all 3 boards instead of try to start new ones? There is a lot of good information for all. Those forums are really not Brand specific and are beneficial to all involved on the boards.

Kyle
[/quote]

I think that Jack addressed another similar post concerning the HELP section and his reply was "I tend to agree with you on that, but I chose the lazy way for now. The code was much easier to hack this way then what you're talking about."

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=15#msg165324 date=1059502307]
I second that - RV info is valuable to ALL RVers, regardless of what brand truck is doing the towing... Might take a little effort to separate TRUCK issues from RV issues - but doable!

For instance, a post concerning a specific brand trucks performance or problem when RV towing would be better segregated to that brand truck's area than the RV section, but our alert moderators are more than up to the task... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Remember guys,,,,,
We don't want to wear his fingers to the bone on the first day!
All suggestions are welcome, but we can't guarantee that everyone will be 100% satisfied all the time. ;D However, I think Jack is going to come mighty close!

dodgeman01 07-29-2003 03:10 PM

Come on its easy to be perfect. I live it every day >cheesy> ;D
Evil laugh
DM01

Hoss 07-29-2003 03:17 PM

Man....every time I log in something looks different. ;D

DPG 07-29-2003 03:22 PM

Jack,

I'd really like it if I happened to THINK about going to a specific forum, the site would take me there. Can you do that? ;D

Jack Thorpe 07-29-2003 03:25 PM

[quote author=DPG link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=15#msg165397 date=1059510174]
Jack,

I'd really like it if I happened to THINK about going to a specific forum, the site would take me there. Can you do that? ;D
[/quote]

hehehe. exactly.

Tell you guys what. I'll start charging a monthly fee which will pay me for my development time. THEN, I can do all of these things. ;)

In all seriousness, I want to do some of these things guys, but just moving this stuff over and upgrading has taken me 8 hours, so imagine all the work that's involved with what you're talking about.

dodgeman01 07-29-2003 03:28 PM

Heck of a good job Jack. I will let you take a few days off to rest. ;)
DM01

phox_mulder 07-29-2003 04:18 PM

Don't know if it's just me or not, but smileys don't work in the PM area. (or here for that matter)
(there should be a smiley here)

phox

Jack Thorpe 07-29-2003 04:21 PM

[quote author=phox_mulder link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=15#msg165441 date=1059513481]
Don't know if it's just me or not, but smileys don't work in the PM area. (or here for that matter)
(there should be a smiley here)

phox

[/quote]

They work, but the extra ones I added a long time ago don't work right now because of the upgrade. I'm aware of it. Thanks.

WHIFF 07-29-2003 04:27 PM

Nice touch!!!
I think this should solve all of the "other guys" issues that have been brought up.
;D

barracuda 07-29-2003 04:28 PM

much nicer!! i knew the old board blindfolded and now its back!

snowman 07-29-2003 04:32 PM

[quote author=RATTLINRAM link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=15#msg165359 date=1059504809]

Remember guys,,,,,
We don't want to wear his fingers to the bone on the first day!
All suggestions are welcome, but we can't guarantee that everyone will be 100% satisfied all the time. ;D However, I think Jack is going to come mighty close!
[/quote]

Hack no, I know how it feels when the fingers start rejecting the brains commands except to lift that beer at the end of the day ; D. Jack and all of you have done an awesome job. You really took to heart what your members had asked for after the big change. There is a lot to be said for that. I really enjoy this site before the additions of other brands, and after, and now. I just was throwing out a suggestion. I have no problem navigating or running multiple screens. Heck I most of the time keep this site up most of the day on my right hand monitor.

Kyle

The_Warden 07-29-2003 04:40 PM

[quote author=Hoss link=board=3;threadid=17659;start=15#msg165392 date=1059509853]
Man....every time I log in something looks different. ;D
[/quote]

I was thinking that myself...what I really need to do is get over here more often :)