Site News News and updates about the site.

The End of an Era but the Beginning of a New Age

Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
So will it fly? Never mind, that one about caused me to go ballistic
It most definitely will NOT fly!

Robb is sure gonna have a ton of fun, or an aneurysm, catching up around here....
Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
IB Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been having a ton of fun catching up here for the last few months. I know for a fact I've read at least a hundred posts that made me and probably another hundred that made me do this:

cheers,
robb
Old 05-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Robb is sure gonna have a ton of fun, or an aneurysm, catching up around here....
Either way, it'll be fun to watch!

Originally Posted by Robb M.
I've been having a ton of fun catching up here for the last few months. I know for a fact I've read at least a hundred posts that made me and probably another hundred that made me do this:

cheers,
robb
And we haven't even BEGUN to break you in yet!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of the servers and site speed, we intend to have DTR up and running on our own servers by the end of next week. I am quite certain that you will all notice this as soon as it happens

cheers,
robb
Robb,

First off, welcome to the site!! In regards to site changeover, how much change can we expect? Is this more of an appearance or complete format change with differences in posting and uploading content?

cheers,
robb
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the breakrooms.

Eric
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Robb,

First off, welcome to the site!! In regards to site changeover, how much change can we expect? Is this more of an appearance or complete format change with differences in posting and uploading content?

Eric
Uh-Toh I see a "Change We Can Believe In" coming..

Houston we have a problem
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Thanks guys, always one site I head to every morning with a coffee, enjoy your free time.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
IB Staff

Robb,

Eric
Hey Eric,

thanks for the welcome

In terms of the change-over, as I understand it, some people have difficulty searching through their PMs, and moderators have trouble searching via IP address. These are the types of things I hope that we're able to address in the short term.

We certainly don't have any plans to change the color theme, or way that you post on the site!

cheers,
robb
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
I am a tad late in reading this news. (no snarky comments now, y'hear) Not sure yet whether to be glad or sad, so will reserve judgement.

Jack and Lary, I truly do thank you for this site as it has been a source of help for me many times. I am also glad to have been able to in turn help a few over the years. Have checked a few other sites over the years and every one of them have turned me off due to the bad language, the personal insults, general snobbiness and sundry other nastiness. This site on the other hand has remained clean, helpful and friendly. Not going to mention a few of the nut cases that reside here. On the other hand, they do sometimes make for interesting nonsensical entertainment.

Robb, thanks for the intro and the explanations. Hope you can maintain or even improve the high standard on this site and not allow it to sink down to the low level of other sites. Your first job, hire a janitor who knows how to daily make decent coffee and Ph00 and lock out those who mess with them.
Just noticed that you live in Barrie. I lived there years ago.

Lary and Jack, thanks again. I salute you.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Hmmm, not going to rush to judgement, however I will state that I truly believe owner occupied business's provide the best cutomer service experience humanly possible.

With that being said, I would like to thank Lary for his dedication to my Country, his service to my Country and more over his service and dedication to Diesel Truck Resource, something I feel was a passion for him. I truly wish you a long, happy, healthy retirement. You earned it brother!

Jack, as stated above in relation to this event. I believe I understand why you guys sold DTR, I also have empathy for the demands made on you daily as a N.C. Trooper. You wear 2 badges of honor in my book, First and foremost as a dedicated hard charging Trooper. Secondly as one of the founders of this greatly recognized and more importantly personalized web site.

Lary, enjoy you grand kids, and retirement. God Bless

Jack, as always, continued prayers for safe tours of duty. God Bless
Old 05-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You know, a lot of people have commented about the fear of change... to date, they have not handed me my pink slip... as long as I am around, as well as my fellow like minded admins, the attitude of the forum is not going to change. As far as I know, the guy that pays the light bill just changed.

Stop being so scared!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
You know, a lot of people have commented about the fear of change... to date, they have not handed me my pink slip... as long as I am around, as well as my fellow like minded admins, the attitude of the forum is not going to change. As far as I know, the guy that pays the light bill just changed.

Stop being so scared!!!
Mark, good way to put it. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
With age comes the cage

Originally Posted by madhat

Stop being so scared!!!
My comment was intended to be funny Perhaps I need to add some 2 stroke oil to my DRY sense of humor
Old 05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I'm good, folks. No sweat
Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

I was serious and your a punk! Punk!!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

You're a punk, punk! You want a new user title? The Banhammer?!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The End of an Era but the Beginning of a New Age