Site News News and updates about the site.

Changes to Attachments and Signatures

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Changes to Attachments and Signatures

I have made a change to the way we use attachments on the forums. Since there are so many attachments that take up large screen space in the forums, I have stopped the automatic view option. This means that when you attach a picture, it will not be seen in the post. It'll show up as a link in your post, but you will now have to click that link to view the attachment.

Nothing else pertaining to attachments has changed. The only thing that is different is the need to click on the attachment instead of being able to see it automatically.

I will also be reducing the font size on many signatures. Some of the members are using very large fonts in their signatures which takes up a ton of screen space. If you're using a large font in your sig, I would ask that you reduce the size to something more readable.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Jack
Old 11-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Changes to Attachments and Signatures

Have you figured a way we can reduce the size of some of these EGO'S on here? <br> I don't have one being the Humble soul that I am. 8)
Old 11-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Slick move again for sure.<br><br>About the egos now, lets see, where is that Block Buddy button at?
Old 11-15-2002, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Is this better?<br><br>DB
Old 11-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Administrator

hehehe, it doesn't have to be THAT small. Try one or two up from that if you'd like.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:40 PM

That's alright Jack, it looks good enough for me. 8)<br><br>DB
Old 12-02-2002, 10:05 PM

DarrellB are you going to come visit us anytime soon at BMD? I know you were just down to get the clutch. I like the size man. Looks cool .
Old 12-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Lest we forget

To Jack Thorpe or any one who can help me put the description of my truck underneith when I'am done typing in or on the fourm. Shovel Hd. told me how to do it, but there was no place to hit post or send. I don't want to keep trying in the wrong area's on these fourms. Shovel Hd. told me what to do but there was no place to hit post or send. I appreciate all the help I got so far, it's been a great help. Waam Holland, Mich.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=waam link=board=3;threadid=6963;start=0#85312 date=1041021057]<br>To Jack Thorpe or any one who can help me put the description of my truck underneith when I'am done typing in or on the fourm. Shovel Hd. told me how to do it, but there was no place to hit post or send. I don't want to keep trying in the wrong area's on these fourms. Shovel Hd. told me what to do but there was no place to hit post or send. I appreciate all the help I got so far, it's been a great help. Waam Holland, Mich.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Waam,<br> At the top of the page, click on the button,<br> This will take you to your profile page where you can scroll down to the section that says &quot;Signature&quot;<br> Type your truck description in the box to the right of the word &quot;Signature&quot;. When you are done, click the button at the bottom of that page that says &quot;Change Profile&quot;<br> This will make your Signature viewable at the bottom of all of your posts. If you need any help,,,, just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help ya.<br><br>
Old 12-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Lest we forget

Rattlin Ram: Thanks for all the info on setting up my signature block. I was impressed with the picture of your Blue Ram. Was wondering if you have overload springs on your Ram? I do not have them on mine. My pin weight is l400 lbs. By sending this, we are expermenting on seeing if our description of our truck works. Thanks again for all the help. Its Sat. A.M. ll:00, diesel fuel is running $l.5l - $l.53 in Holland, Mich. today. Waam
Old 12-28-2002, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=waam link=board=3;threadid=6963;start=0#85614 date=1041090777]<br>Rattlin Ram: Thanks for all the info on setting up my signature block. I was impressed with the picture of your Blue Ram. Was wondering if you have overload springs on your Ram? I do not have them on mine. My pin weight is l400 lbs. By sending this, we are expermenting on seeing if our description of our truck works. Thanks again for all the help. Its Sat. A.M. ll:00, diesel fuel is running $l.5l - $l.53 in Holland, Mich. today. Waam<br>[/quote]<br><br> Looks like you're in good shape on the signature. Thanks for the compliments on the truck. It does have the overloads, but they are still about a 1/2&quot; from touching when sitting still on level ground. I know that they touch occasionally because I can see rub marks on them, but I never feel them. I like the way it sits level when towing. <br> The pin weight on our Cougar is only 1060lbs. due to the double slides (one on each side) distributing the weight towards the rear of the trailer, plus the fresh water holding tank is located in the rear also. We are very happy with the rig! ;D BTW,,,,, diesel is $1.38.9 gal here.