Site News News and updates about the site.

New Classifieds System In Place!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:28 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
New Classifieds System In Place!

The time has finally come! DieselTruckResource.Com is proud to present our new classified ads system. This system is MUCH more robust than the old one, and the best part is that you don't have to re-register to place ads! If you're logged into the forum, then you're logged into the ad system as well.

Notification has improved with more accurate emails to sellers. In addition, you can view anyone's ads just by clicking the link to the left of any post, or clicking on the link in the user's profile.

Unfortunately, we are not able to transfer any of the old ads from the previous system because of db issues in the way the new system handles pictures.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Enjoy!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm currently looking for a 2nd gen truck, so I browse the classifieds quite often, and I think this new system is great! Much more user friendly than the other one.

I do have one thing that I find a problem, and might be easily fixable...might not--it applies to the photo gallery, and now the classifies as well. I may be the only one who this bothers, but I'm just throwing it out there. I really enjoy seeing other people's photos, and I really dig the button next to a user's post. The problem is, it seems the percentage of people who actually have a photo gallery is slim. I'm sure the percentage of people who have an add in the classifies is yet smaller. Would it be possible to ONLY have those links next to the user's name if they have a photographs in their gallery and/or an add in the classifies? Sort of makes the quick link pointless if there's no content for most of the users.

Again, I want to complement you on the new classifies--looks great...can't wait for the e-mail!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree with you on that. The problem is that I am going to have to write something that will check that, then ad the link when appropriate. The other problem is the server load from the extra queries. Believe me though, I'm working on it because I don't like it either.

I guess the positive side is that it will get more people to the photos and classifieds, and once they're there, they might want to take a look around!