Site News News and updates about the site.

DTR Now Bigger than TDR in membership.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks John and Lary, Our group of Admins is what really sets us apart, I believe. Keep up the good work. I've been really intrested in diesels for 5 years or so since I was 15 (look at join date). This site made stuff easy to understand and didn't shun the newbie. This is the only diesel site I am an active member of for several reasons and this is why.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by haloman
Thanks John and Lary, Our group of Admins is what really sets us apart, I believe. Keep up the good work. I've been really intrested in diesels for 5 years or so since I was 15 (look at join date). This site made stuff easy to understand and didn't shun the newbie. This is the only diesel site I am an active member of for several reasons and this is why.
-------------
haloman:

Thanks for your kind words Sir!

-------
John_P
Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Stats as of 22MAR07 2114 hours :

TDR

- Currently Active Users: 856 (87 members and 769 guests)
- Threads: 164,300, Posts: 1,616,647, Members: 31,478

DTR

- Currently Active Users: 1201 (162 members and 1039 guests)
- Threads: 118,513, Posts: 1,235,645, Members: 33,729

The numbers don't lie.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No matter which site you go to, either way, its people helping people.

Congrats on the milestone DTR. It is nice to know there is another site out there that also keeps things family oriented.

Now we need to get another thread up and current, for a fund raiser so we can get a few new toys for the owners/mods to play with to make the site even better.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:56 PM

This has always been my favorite forum
Old 04-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned

I've read this thread and this site surpassing TDR membership means nothing. This site is free. I see no magazine from this site. The TDR magazine is a great source of infomation and is pure dodge. The only thing this site has over TDR is performance forum.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, DTR isn't competing against TDR, but it must be more desirable to most people to drive the growth curve so well.

p.s. I love my magazines, but the kind of near real-time information/communication that this site features is the way of the future...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 DIRTY DODGE
I've read this thread and this site surpassing TDR membership means nothing. This site is free. I see no magazine from this site. The TDR magazine is a great source of infomation and is pure dodge. The only thing this site has over TDR is performance forum.
Given your huge 28 post count, I'm sure you're going to be the one that will tell us about the differences.

Anyways, I don't think this site was to say something like "my dad is bigger than your dad", but more to acknowledge a milestone in growth. There is a reason that this site has grown the way it has, and we'll continue to move forward and continue to be the best forum related to Dodge / Cummins vehicles. Others can TRY to claim it but they will never be "it".
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM

Dtr > Tdr

Old 05-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Given your huge 28 post count, I'm sure you're going to be the one that will tell us about the differences.

Anyways, I don't think this site was to say something like "my dad is bigger than your dad", but more to acknowledge a milestone in growth. There is a reason that this site has grown the way it has, and we'll continue to move forward and continue to be the best forum related to Dodge / Cummins vehicles. Others can TRY to claim it but they will never be "it".
Post count has nothing to do with the knowledge about the TDR and DTR. I've read tons of posts and between the two TDR IS THE BEST. I don't have to dig for info and search forever. There is LOTS of talk on the DTR. Where's all the dyno research on turbo, programmers, air cleaners, exhaust? TDR has it all in the mag. None here. You said your bigger and better by more members, and anybody can sign up on this site and not even own a CTD. I'm pretty sure anybody spending 35.00 dollars for a mag and access to the internet site HAS a CTD. Let's compare apples to apples. Out of 30k memberships, how many are really active? Do you cancel a member after a certain amount of time just because they don't post or sign on? Are they a member for life even if they don't log on and still be counted? The TDR numbers don't lie. They pay. Anybody can sit on the fence on talk, but the ones who run their pie hole are the ones who don't know Jack.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned

Post count has nothing to do with the knowledge about the TDR and DTR. I've read tons of posts and between the two TDR IS THE BEST. I don't have to dig for info and search forever. There is LOTS of talk on the DTR. Where's all the dyno research on turbo, programmers, air cleaners, exhaust? TDR has it all in the mag. None here. You said your bigger and better by more members, and anybody can sign up on this site and not even own a CTD. I'm pretty sure anybody spending 35.00 dollars for a mag and access to the internet site HAS a CTD. Let's compare apples to apples. Out of 30k memberships, how many are really active? Do you cancel a member after a certain amount of time just because they don't post or sign on? Are they a member for life even if they don't log on and still be counted? The TDR numbers don't lie. They pay. Anybody can sit on the fence on talk, but the ones who run their pie hole are the ones who don't know Jack.
WOW!!! Why don't you just go back to TDR and enjoy life over there.. It's free here and I don't need a mag to justify the knowledge here.. If you need dyno results you'd better look a lot clearer because I can find a post on almost every page with real world dyno slips!! And I don't mind doing a search to find someone that can help me with real world problems!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 AM

in my best Jim Carey imitation:

"Loooser!"
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 AM

Geesh. Grow up. I am a member of both TDR and DTR. I do like to read TDR's quarterly.......but guess where I spend all of my online time?? Right here on DTR. Although this site is free, I have donated to it to help with server costs etc.

They are both good websites. You don't have to bash this one if you don't like it as much. Just go away and spend your time on TDR then.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Admin edit to remove.....

SPAM

Ed
Old 05-20-2007, 10:24 AM

"Know it all" attitudes of people like this are exactly why Ive NEVER joined TDR. And probably never will.

Quick Reply: DTR Now Bigger than TDR in membership.