Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

Take that!

Old 11-07-2018, 07:07 AM
  #1  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,516
Received 412 Likes on 296 Posts
Cool Take that!

The system works ...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:26 AM
  #2  
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!
 
Mexstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Central Mexico.
Posts: 2,996
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Could you elaborate please. Are you talking about the disinformation, lies, false news, false promises etc from the political parties and individual politicians?
Mexstan is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:29 AM
  #3  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,516
Received 412 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan View Post
Could you elaborate please. Are you talking about the disinformation, lies, false news, false promises etc from the political parties and individual politicians?
No, it's simple, the Madisonian concept of checks and balances works, take it at face value...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:50 AM
  #4  
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!
 
Mexstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Central Mexico.
Posts: 2,996
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Interesting. Was not familiar with the Madisonian concept, so needed to look that one up. Thanks for the education. Now I have a question. Can this concept force the system to swing the government in a way that in the long run is detrimental to the country and contrary to the way that your founding fathers envisioned?
Mexstan is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 AM
  #5  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,516
Received 412 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan View Post
Interesting. Was not familiar with the Madisonian concept, so needed to look that one up. Thanks for the education. Now I have a question. Can this concept force the system to swing the government in a way that in the long run is detrimental to the country and contrary to the way that your founding fathers envisioned?
<br />I don't know if it can really force anything, except maybe to bring back the idea of negotiations between the sides to come up with compromise. While I don't know all of the intentions of the founders, I do know that one of them is to never have a king of the united states and,that is the main purpose of the 3 equal branches of government. IMHO, the best results are almost always found in the middle and not on the fringes...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 10:21 AM
  #6  
Registered User
 
cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: alaska
Posts: 2,484
Received 127 Likes on 102 Posts
Voter fraud. How can they declare a winner when not all of the votes are in?
cougar is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 AM
  #7  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,516
Received 412 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Voter fraud. How can they declare a winner when not all of the votes are in?
The fact is that there were only 10 cases of voter fraud proven between 2000-2012. If the late ballots change the results, the results will be changed. AZ is waiting for the Navajo nation results, which can take a month, before they can call the Sinema/McSally race....Mark

https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
NJTman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land of the Toxic Avenger
Posts: 6,051
Received 1,219 Likes on 838 Posts
Well, Broward county florida is working the same way they have in the past.

Imagine that !


The system can be worked



https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.4b7b64ad3258









(notice the play on words?)

NJTman is offline  
The following users liked this post:
patdaly (11-13-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:23 PM
  #9  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,516
Received 412 Likes on 296 Posts
Funny how no Republicans complained about the Florida recount in 2000, must be a coincidence. I always wanted to meet hanging chad, seemed like a nice guy...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:11 PM
  #10  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,283
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368 View Post
<br />I don't know if it can really force anything, except maybe to bring back the idea of negotiations between the sides to come up with compromise. While I don't know all of the intentions of the founders, I do know that one of them is to never have a king of the united states and,that is the main purpose of the 3 equal branches of government. IMHO, the best results are almost always found in the middle and not on the fringes...Mark
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"King of the United States" Mark??? You must be referring to our President,.....Donald Trump of whom we are all well aware now you can't stand!
John_P is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tomsauto
24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain
4
01-04-2003 01:17 PM
DarrellB
Other
23
12-06-2002 07:28 AM
98rammer
3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years
2
10-16-2002 09:58 PM
Dieseldude4x4
Other
8
10-14-2002 06:08 PM
Javaluva
Other
8
10-10-2002 07:17 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Take that!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.