Reagan knew it in 1961 - Socialized Medicine - MUST SEE! - Page 4 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Go Back  Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums > Other / Non Diesel Related > Political Discussion
Reload this Page >

Reagan knew it in 1961 - Socialized Medicine - MUST SEE!

Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

Reagan knew it in 1961 - Socialized Medicine - MUST SEE!

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 AM
  #46  
DTR Founder
 
jthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,924
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Oh I've had it alright. It's called the VA...and because of that, I've had to seek my own private medical care numerous times. I can pay my own bill thank you.
jthorpe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:12 AM
  #47  
DTR's Toad Wrangler
 
Clayten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: N 48 25.707 W123 21.887
Posts: 892
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes I understand the problem with VA it is the same here. It is nothing to do with our health care system. The way they take care of our military wounded is shameful.
Clayten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:28 AM
  #48  
Registered User
 
MegaTony06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 215
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If they pass this travesty of legislation, in any form, I will be the first one they try to fine/arrest.

Good luck officer...you might want to bring some friends.
MegaTony06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 AM
  #49  
ICL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 180
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a Canadian who thinks our system does need some improvment. At this time I would not trade it for the american system.

I have the answers to fix all of these questions about health care but I am also a capitalist so therefore I will keep all the answers to myself until I get paid really good to show you all how to fix it.

The statement initself is the reason your heath care sytem fails. To much special interest groups and lobby groups spending to much money. You are all drinking the lemonade you are being served and calling it wine. Insurance companies, heath care companies, pharmacutical companies make too much money from you all being sick. More money for them in a sick population then a healthy one. That is why it fails and will continue to do so.

The USA will find a way to do it better then anybody eles has. It is just going to take time to break down all the BS and fear mongering.

Just don't let them take your guns away. That above all eles can never happen.
ICL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
  #50  
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...
 
rockcrawler304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Far West El Paso Texas
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ICL View Post
I am a Canadian who thinks our system does need some improvment. At this time I would not trade it for the american system.

I have the answers to fix all of these questions about health care but I am also a capitalist so therefore I will keep all the answers to myself until I get paid really good to show you all how to fix it.

The statement initself is the reason your heath care sytem fails. To much special interest groups and lobby groups spending to much money. You are all drinking the lemonade you are being served and calling it wine. Insurance companies, heath care companies, pharmacutical companies make too much money from you all being sick. More money for them in a sick population then a healthy one. That is why it fails and will continue to do so.

The USA will find a way to do it better then anybody eles has. It is just going to take time to break down all the BS and fear mongering.

Just don't let them take your guns away. That above all eles can never happen.
I will be the first to say our system needs improvement but I will still take our system over any other.
The below link for example is a huge reason why our system is still better than any out there.
http://www.nsnews.com/health/Canadia...246/story.html
rockcrawler304 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
  #51  
ICL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 180
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes your right. However one of the main reasons for our wait times concerns and others we face is a "brain drain" of Canadian trained and educated doctors leaving Canada for the more profitable American hospitals. The reality is the profits generated in the USA adversly affects the Canadian system. Profits which have lead many Americans to cross back over into Canada to seek treatment they cannot afford in the for profit hospitals and insurance ran establishments in the USA.

The circle is still broken. Anyway we slice it, the countries share so much in so many things, in health care or whatever industry. From labour to transportation and manufacturing costs. They are so very much entwined every choice seems to affect the other to some degree.
ICL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
  #52  
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...
 
rockcrawler304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Far West El Paso Texas
Posts: 5,038
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ICL View Post
Yes your right. However one of the main reasons for our wait times concerns and others we face is a "brain drain" of Canadian trained and educated doctors leaving Canada for the more profitable American hospitals. The reality is the profits generated in the USA adversly affects the Canadian system. Profits which have lead many Americans to cross back over into Canada to seek treatment they cannot afford in the for profit hospitals and insurance ran establishments in the USA.

The circle is still broken. Anyway we slice it, the countries share so much in so many things, in health care or whatever industry. From labour to transportation and manufacturing costs. They are so very much entwined every choice seems to affect the other to some degree.
I agree completely!
rockcrawler304 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 AM
  #53  
Registered User
 
BEARHUNTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
Posts: 538
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this, if I wanted Canadian health care I would try and move there. I dont want it and I dont want what Obama is doing here. What the heck happened to people standing on their own. Some one said on here Oh I like canadian health care cause I go in and I dont have to pay anything. Are you freakin kidding me? This gerneration sucks. I like independance and freedom.
BEARHUNTER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
  #54  
Registered User
 
apocalypse1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Military Heath Care in general is a joke...

I had a guy go in with a broken nose, The Doc (The No **** Doctor) was looking for the answer on web MD... His nose was all crooked, and black and blue and pointed to the left, and they told him to come back, if it got any worse...


It took me 2 years to get shoulder surgery, and 4 months to wait for an MRI on my shoulder. After my surgery, they still diddnt fix the problem I have been waiting for 2 months to GET A DIAGNOSIS on my 2nd MRI results...

People who cant get a real practice go to the military to be a Dr...
apocalypse1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
  #55  
With age comes the cage
 
Colo_River_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Gas Patch
Posts: 2,710
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A glimmer of hope on Bo Bo Care,

Lawsuit on Obama health plan likely going to trial:

Linky Here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/...erhaul_lawsuit
Colo_River_Ram is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM
  #56  
Registered User
 
RICHD903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alvin,tx
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What I would be interested in knowing from some of you Canadians is, what percentage of each dollar you earn goes to taxes?
RICHD903 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
  #57  
Registered User
 
pind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whitehorse, cultural hub of the universe..
Posts: 1,161
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Depends on how many dollars you earn.

Or, enough that our government can occasionally run a surplus instead of a deficit.

Such is the price of living in the great white north.
pind is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
  #58  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Newport News, Va
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Challenge everyone to look at the data: Canadians pay less for health care (3 to 6%) less in percent of GNP health care expenditures while covering everyone (not just the 60% or so covered by US private plans). And satisfaction rate of Canadians is more than double that of the US.

Why the constant ***** about VA care? VA has outranked the US private health system in satisfaction by patients for years now.
tidewater is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
  #59  
Chapter President
 
crobtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sedalia, Texas
Posts: 4,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Show me the data..............

Originally Posted by tidewater View Post
Challenge everyone to look at the data: Canadians pay less for health care (3 to 6%) less in percent of GNP health care expenditures while covering everyone (not just the 60% or so covered by US private plans). And satisfaction rate of Canadians is more than double that of the US.

Why the constant ***** about VA care? VA has outranked the US private health system in satisfaction by patients for years now.
crobtex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 AM
  #60  
Chapter President
 
crobtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sedalia, Texas
Posts: 4,983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex View Post
Show me the data..............
...........................
crobtex is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
NHRDA
Competition / Pulls / OffRoad
0
06-24-2009 10:23 AM
Redleg
Political Discussion
1
03-20-2009 04:13 PM
rocracing
ABDTR #5
2
07-04-2008 10:41 AM
Mark Thomas
Other
4
07-20-2004 03:27 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reagan knew it in 1961 - Socialized Medicine - MUST SEE!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.