POTUS commutes Pvt "Chelsea " Manning's sentence - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

POTUS commutes Pvt "Chelsea " Manning's sentence

Old 01-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #1  
Administrator / Scooter Bum

POTUS commutes Pvt "Chelsea " Manning's sentence

Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning

Quote:
WASHINGTON President Obama has commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning, the Army private accused of leaking classified military secrets to Wikileaks, the White House said Tuesday.

Manning, who was convicted in 2013 to a 35-year sentence in a military court, will be freed May 17. Her commutation came in a batch of 64 pardons and 209 commutations Obama granted with less than four days left in his presidency.

Obama also granted a full pardon to former general James Cartwright, convicted last October of lying to the FBI in a leak investigation, and to Baseball Hall of Famer Willie McCovey, convicted of tax evasion in 1996.
Shovelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #2  
Administrator

I saw this on the news yesterday and am pretty disgusted by NOBAMA'S decision on this, but not really surprised! NOBAMA,....in my opinion is the WORST PRESIDENT to EVER have served in the White House in my lifetime BAR NONE!! Also, IMO,....a real POS!!

Manning is nothing but a traitor to the U.S.! What is really funny about all this is NOBAMA has criticized Trump for "disrespecting the U.S. intelligence community" and now he does this!! I can't wait to see NOBAMA, his Wife and his kids LEAVE THE WHITE HOUSE!!! Don't let the door hit you in the a** NOBAMA!

Off rant now..................

-------
John_P
John_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #3  

Perty messed up used to be if you were a traitor it was a real descrace now just just a little prision time. What is he telling people by this action?
railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #4  

How can anyone call this a good move for America? Not only did Obamy pardon a treasonous cross dresser who hacked thousands of US military documents and videos, but he also released them to non-American sources. Why is letting this clown go not being viewed at as Obamy committing treason himself???
KATOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #5  
Admin Team Leader

I can't say what I really feel about this tragedy of Justice......John P would have to ban me
Lary Ellis (Top) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lary Ellis (Top) For This Useful Post:
NJTman (01-20-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #6  

If the birther question gets the light of a real investigation, Obama will be proven to be a foreigner, and not eligible for POTUS.

I think that would negate everything he's done, including all the pardons.

I also think that Trump was willing to give him a pass, but is being put in a corner.
j_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #7  
Cummins Guru

I'm sure Trump already knows the truth about Obama. That's why Obama has been tight lipped about Trump lately. I'm sure many more dirt bags will suddenly be retiring from politics when trump is in the White House. Drain the swamp will hold true.
BigIron70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigIron70 For This Useful Post:
Danderson (01-21-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #8  

While executive orders can be easily reversed, signatures on legislation is much more involved, and probably requires the co-operation of a super majority in congress.

Fasten yer seat belts, this is going to be a thrilling, if not gut wrenching ride.
j_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_martin View Post
While executive orders can be easily reversed, signatures on legislation is much more involved, and probably requires the co-operation of a super majority in congress.

Fasten yer seat belts, this is going to be a thrilling, if not gut wrenching ride.
Going to be.....? He's not even in office yet and its the best E ticket ride this country has seen in decades.
KATOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #10  
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_martin View Post

2 words, Nuclear Option.

Thank you Harry Reid..............

But I agree, I think many need to take up Sen. Roberts off of the Valium.
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #11  

Does anyone know, or have you heard anything about OSCUMMA's last day / into the night of working last night ?

I heard rumors that he was "in his office, working" up until the wee hours of the night.

Either he passed a bunch of bogus executive orders around, or signed a bunch of detrimental other crap, or he was visited by Monica Lewinski, following in the footsteps of his predecessors. Maybe pardoned some more terrorists or traitors ?

Any ideas ? Heard anything about what he was up to last night ?
NJTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #12  

He's signing executive orders as we speak. Watched it on Fox.
Eight years of our friend's not being able to count on us.
Our enemies are not afraid of us.
Those days are over.
Danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 AM   #13  
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danderson View Post
He's signing executive orders as we speak. Watched it on Fox.
Eight years of our friend's not being able to count on us.
Our enemies are not afraid of us.
Those days are over.
-------------------------------------
Exactly right Danderson! FINALLY,.....our military and our Allies will get some help. And I am happy for Israel too as NOBAMA has treated them like dirt!
John_P is offline   Reply With Quote