Political Discussion on DTR - READ FIRST! - Page 3 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

Political Discussion on DTR - READ FIRST!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by kelley15 View Post
I have seen the lefties picked on unmercifully..
I'm not trying to imply that you are wrong, do don't take it that way, but show me. Show me so I can see what you are talking about, and maybe I can learn.

I'll add this in for a comment... I have edited my share of threads over there, and when I send a PM to the user who's thread I edited, telling him why I did, I usually get a very profane response, with comments to the effect of my being a retard, a right wing ****, and just general insults. No respect whatsoever, and I make sure to send an unbiased PM to them, nice as I can be.

Maybe that's why people get banned...
Old 12-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Herb, some of the "Leftys" were banned from here and all-politics for their PMs to the moderators after being contacted via PM to stop personal attacks in the forums.

While most of us may allow heated discussions from both sides, I draw the line at someone telling me to kiss parts of their anatomy after I inform them to cease personal attacks on other members in the forums.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:28 AM
DTR Founder

I'll just leave this final statement. You're adults, not babies. You know the difference between right and wrong. If you choose wrong, then you will be gone and if you choose to be respectful, you can present your opinion all you want, every day, for the rest of your life.

Don't blame this site, or this forum for some people's lack of people skills. It's not my problem and I'm not going to remove a popular portion of the site just to avoid posters who can't think like a rational human being. As a matter of fact, I would RATHER that type of riff raff be gone from here so as not to have to deal with them again in the future.

For once, the blame needs to be shifted to the people throwing the insults. Accept responsibility and move on people. This is ridiculous. YOU and only YOU choose how you react!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Just noticed that the AP site has been going since 08-05-2008 and in spite of dire predictions of an early demise and lots of locks, here it is, still going strong and growing. Somebody must be doing something right. Congrats to the mods for keeping everybody in line, especially when things predictably get a bit heated or someone tries to hijack a thread.
One thing that I have noticed is that the discussion tends to get heated when someone refuses to answer a question or deliberately tries to sidetrack the conversation. I know that it annoys me no end. Maybe it is just the anti troll in me.
Jack, thanks for permitting politics on a truck site.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Just noticed something - - this portion of the forum does not have a functioning "EDIT" button. Is there some reason why not?
Bob
Old 12-15-2013, 11:22 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Prehaps Is becaus some peple look stupide on ther first draft.
Also- "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it" because "I am not a crook" so "Read my lips", "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".
Some people would have really liked an "EDIT" button.
(Its just a theory)
Old 05-01-2014, 10:02 PM

Political discussion

You do recognize this is a Diesel forum and not Gas right...