Dennis Prager - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

Dennis Prager

Old 01-31-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

Dennis Prager

Here's a link to very bright,conservative talk host and author.
I've been following him for years now. Liberal Ivy league colleges
fear this man.

http://www.dennisprager.com/
Danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Administrator

Exactly right Danderson! I like Dennis too.

------
John_P
John_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #3

"Ivy league colleges fear this man"? Prager is just another science-denying bible-thumper.
resister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by resister View Post
"Ivy league colleges fear this man"? Prager is just another science-denying bible-thumper.

Something wring with being a Bible thumper? Can you please tell us just where and how he denied science?
Mexstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Take the time to read his website and don't blatantly "resist" the truth. Dennis has challenged liberals to debate him with very few takers.
1st post but no introduction?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Hmmm, posted from IP 70.174.120.209, based in Norfolk VA. and your very first post.

I certainly would hope you aren't a troll.

But smells don't usually deceive.........
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #7

Well hello again. I didn't realize I've been missed.

I didn't know that an introduction was necessary, but her goes.

I'm a retired guy with a Dodge diesel, circa 2003, and I live in Newport News, VA. I have a smaller travel trailer and plan to sell my house shortly and travel about until I see a place I want to stop. A 'burning bush' in biblical terms.

I posted because whenever i visit the stops on this site the Political Forum appears to be populated only by folks with one point of view with only a few regular posters. A bubble in other words. I find the forum useful and informative but it's totally beyond me why a diesel truck forum would include a "political" page. It has nothing to do with diesel trucks and only serves as another for folks - whether they have diesel trucks or not - to preach to the choir, so tho speak.

Prager. My description of Prager was bombastic and less than precise I admit. I said 'bible thumper' because he is an unbridled apologist for Israel and whatever destabilizing actions Israel undertakes. Further, much of his effort seems to be to provide 'education materials' for schools touting strict biblical interpretations at the expense of thought relying on more evidence-based information.

I described him as a 'science denier' based on his endorsement of an anti-climate change point of view. One of his 5 minute videos on Prager University features Richard Lindzen, a retired MIT physics professor. Lindzen is a highly-qualified spokesman for this point of view, no question. He is however one of a tiny minority of equally-qualified scientists objecting to the conclusions of the IPCC report. Information from the vast majority of working scientists on climate change issues is not available on Prager U.

Prager University's motto is "give us 5 minutes and we'll give you a semester' should tell all you need to know about the depth and breadth of this "university".

Much like Trump University and Liberty University, a bastardization of what the term ' university' used to mean.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #8
Administrator

Resister:

First off, let me say your "User Name" is interesting. I am a retired LEO so that should tell you something.

As far as how our website is set-up and run concerning the POLITICAL FORUM Section, I would suggest you check in with some of the other diesel websites as they too have similar forum areas. And since you don't own or run this website I would say to you as I have many others,......if this website doesn't meet your approval, you are more than welcome to go elsewhere.

Personally, I like the way DTR has been set-up and also like our POLITICAL FORUM Section. I can go in there and talk with my fellow DTR Members about conservative views and not be "harassed" or bothered by some of the left-wing radicals that sometimes frequent these websites.

-----------
Respectfully,

John_P (Admin)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #9

John,

Thanks for the comeback. You have confirmed my impression that the purpose of the website is to exchange 'conservative views' only. Considering this, I suggest you change the heading to read "Discuss conservative politics here. Complete political forum with a narrow range of discussion."

In the end, as you say, it's your sandbox. Understanding this, I accept your invitation to 'buzz off.'
Old 02-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #10

Resister,
The political section is but a fraction of the content in this forum.
There's a boatload of technical posts on a variety of Dodge Ram subjects.
Welcome to the site.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Quote:
John,

Thanks for the comeback. You have confirmed my impression that the purpose of the website is to exchange 'conservative views' only. Considering this, I suggest you change the heading to read "Discuss conservative politics here. Complete political forum with a narrow range of discussion."

Sorry, beg to differ, but the PURPOSE of the website is primarily to exchange info, ideas etc mainly in regard to diesel stuff, mostly Dodge pickups. As a side issue the owners of the site have provided the members with an "OTHER" forum and a "POLITICAL" forum to discuss, tease, advice, argue, insult, compliment etc one another. Those two optional sites IMO have helped to bring the members together into a sort of 'family'. Of course I use the expression 'family' very loosely as most of the members have not met one another.

The above been said, if you do not like what some of the conservatives have said, or if anything else is in variation to your political, religious or other views, then feel free to disagree. However, any disagreement MUST be done agreeably with no direct insults to any members family, political or religious leanings. If you do disagree (which is fine) just please present your arguments backed up by facts. If you have the true facts, then there is much less chance of your post being "attacked", but that will give others a chance to understand where you are coming from and perhaps we will all benefit and maybe even enjoy the intelligent discussion.
Mexstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexstan For This Useful Post:
ofelas (02-04-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
You have confirmed my impression that the purpose of the website is to exchange 'conservative views' only. Considering this, I suggest you change the heading to read "Discuss conservative politics here. Complete political forum with a narrow range of discussion."
It typically ends very badly no matter what the forum is when you throw the stinkbomb first, then try and rationalize why you threw it later.

Kind of like going on the DU and calling Nancy Pelosi by her factual leanings........

We have no problem discussing Liberal views, the problem is there aren't very many Liberals who can lucidly stake them out.

Speaking of that, has anyone heard from Herb? Last semi-lucid Liberal we had.......
patdaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #13
Administrator

[QUOTE=patdaly;3320587]It typically ends very badly no matter what the forum is when you throw the stinkbomb first, then try and rationalize why you threw it later.

Kind of like going on the DU and calling Nancy Pelosi by her factual leanings........

We have no problem discussing Liberal views, the problem is there aren't very many Liberals who can lucidly stake them out.

Speaking of that, has anyone heard from Herb? Last semi-lucid Liberal we had...

-------------
As always,.....great reply Pat! Your point about the "liberal viewpoint" is dead on too. They love to dish it out, but they can't take it when you reply back to them. This is very evident with Trump winning the election and the "attacks" the liberals AND liberal news media have heaped on Trump and his
cabinet picks. My God, they even attacked Trumps 10 year old Son after the inauguration!

I have also wondered what happened to old Herb too. But I can't say that I really miss the guy.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #14
Admin Team Leader

Guys my gut tells me we just heard from Herb
Lary Ellis (Top) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #15

I trust your gut up to 35k, 100% genuine Mopar approved.
ofelas is online now   Reply With Quote