Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

Cyber War

Old 10-24-2016, 10:06 AM

Received 166 Likes on 123 Posts
Cyber War

Interesting events these days. Wikileaks is driving the conversation, at least for those who would seek it, against the Clinton Cabal. One Wikileaks founder seems to be missing or captured. His tweeks have mis-spellings that are not in his character. One arrangement of those missed letters seems to spell out "Help Him". The other Wikileaks founder just died "after a short illness". Pray for these guys, they are in dangerous territory.

Friday, one major internet DNS server was taken out by a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack. It appears to be the work of a government somewhere, controlling millions of devices via a trojan program. I believe it was a proof of concept exercise, setting up the mechanism to block the entire internet if needed.

The internet DNS system is robust, and so far open source. It needs a reverse DNS "inoculation" routine to quickly shut down such an attack. It's possible, the design would be relatively simple. It'll be interesting to see what develops.

It'll also be interesting to see what develops as the election approaches, especially if it looks like Trump will win.

What think you?

On a humurous note, this made me about fall off my chair.

Yep, Russian and Wikipedia are trying to throw the election.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts
I think it is high past time to return to paper ballots and adding a purple thump to signify that you have voted.

love technology, but if we aren't careful, it will result in the next civil war.
The following users liked this post:
Danderson (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly View Post
I think it is high past time to return to paper ballots and adding a purple thump to signify that you have voted.

love technology, but if we aren't careful, it will result in the next civil war.
I think electronic is ok but also need to have the old paper ballots used as a backup. To prevent any manipulation the vote can be verified thru the old system. I'D needs to also needs to be checked so my dead grandfather don't vote.

If war must come let it come in my time