Political Discussion Discuss politics here. Complete political forum with a wide range of discussion.

crossbreeding vs gmo

Old 09-07-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crossbreeding vs gmo

Someone who understands the difference at this level, probably shouldn't be voting:
whatever you call it, but it's not natural and cross breeding is unhealthy. it's like cross breeding you with a dog and what do we get. no offense, but a disgusting monster with "antioxidant called estúpido aka fools.

That comment was made after it was pointed out that a black-skinned tomato was developed through cross-breeding of existing non-gmo hybrids rather than genetic modification.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 166 Likes on 123 Posts
What's the source? Obviously uneducated, or educated well beyond his native intelligence.

BTW, the original black skinned tomato is called black nightshade. It's a common weed, and the black berry tastes exactly like a tomato.

Just don't eat a green or white one. You, or rather your survivors will learn why it's called nightshade.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:05 PM

Ummmm, you can not cross breed a dog with a human. That would have to be done with genetic engineering. Only very similar species can be cross bred.

We eat a lot of nightshade family plants........tomatoes and potatoes are the most common.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by verdesardog View Post
Ummmm, you can not cross breed a dog with a human. That would have to be done with genetic engineering. Only very similar species can be cross bred.
Exactly...

Originally Posted by j_martin View Post
What's the source? Obviously uneducated, or educated well beyond his native intelligence.

BTW, the original black skinned tomato is called black nightshade. It's a common weed, and the black berry tastes exactly like a tomato.

Just don't eat a green or white one. You, or rather your survivors will learn why it's called nightshade.
Found the link to the story on facebook. Probably explains a lot. The University of Oregon crossbred some purple and red tomato varieties to get it.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
My Bad.
I saw the thread title and thought.........
Attached Thumbnails crossbreeding vs gmo-billary-biden.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
BigIron70 (04-23-2016)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
My Bad.
I saw the thread title and thought.........
There you go making sense again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.