Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+ Update Page!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya, i know but all i have is vista, i have xp at work but i only work weekends and for some reason im getting an error everytime i try and put new tunes on the box... no teck support on weekends
Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bullboy85
acculy might be heading that what sat, but i was hopeing to be able to do it myself
Well, unfortunatly, I'm flying out to Tennessee on saturday morning for the week.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM
GFB

Got a chance to really try out the new aggressive tune this morning. Wow. I don't know if whatever changes were made to it help amplify the effects of my wire tap box, but the combination is exactly what I wanted out of my truck. She flat gets now.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bullboy85
ya, i know but all i have is vista, i have xp at work but i only work weekends and for some reason im getting an error everytime i try and put new tunes on the box... no teck support on weekends
I am not promising anything but, it is possible to have something towards the end of next week maybe. They are working hard on it.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 PM

thanks, its just killing me haveing this box but not really getting to use it
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 PM

WOW!!! I don't know where to start Quad! I think I may try the 2010 tonight.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:43 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by bucket truck
WOW!!! I don't know where to start Quad! I think I may try the 2010 tonight.
You're gonna love it, bucket truck!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm still confused about the High Idle operation.

Why would you want hi idle on an already warm engine? I mean, if my truck is at 170 degrees, it's basically warm, right?

I can understand the whole switcheroo-i-ness, but what are we hoping to accomplish with the high idle?

How is it different than the oem software I have now that idles the engine up when it's cold, then cuts to 3-cyl if VERY cold?

Finally question, a little OT-- is the regular Xzillaraider now all gone since the Adrenaline is in works? I'm a little confused..

I was thinking XZT+/TST stack, but I'd rather use a Quad product to tap the wire.

JMO
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM

Well, high idle for when you might be idling you truck for periods of time, say to charge truck battery's or RV battery's or for some work reason, etc. I think Cummins recommends that idling be done at a higher rpm then 800. No, I don't think you can purchase a Xzillaraider for 98.5 to '02's any more. I found mine in the DTR classifieds. But I have seen several new ones for sale on EBay. Maybe also check out performance shops who may still have left over stock.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HOHN
I'm still confused about the High Idle operation.

Why would you want hi idle on an already warm engine? I mean, if my truck is at 170 degrees, it's basically warm, right?
JMO
When it's really cold I don't want a standard idle. Cummins says it's not good and I believe it's not good. No load on the engine, cold fuel in a cold (relatively cold) cylinder, deposits building, injectors plugging..I mean it's just not good. Never read/heard anything about a low (standard) idle being good.
I've run Quads high idle at sub-zero temps. Engine temp stays well above 170 and the cab is toasty warm. Besides..there are tunes on file that only kick in below 140 or 170..whatever you want. For me I want the idle up if I have to leave the rig running on a cold day. Coolant temps of 170 are not a warmed up engine IMO.
Mike
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd agree that coolant temps over 170 are preferable, but I find it very hard to get my truck to stay even near the t-stat opening temp (190-- I have oem stat).

JH
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't remember if the high idle tune will get up past the thermostat open temp but it does get it hot and hold it there. Never been a fan of constant idling but if you got to do it, especially in winter, this is the ticket.
Mike
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM

ok i got a question, this morning i started my truck and after two minutes the idle kicked up like its suppose to. i kicked it off and drove about five blocks to pick my freind up and while i was waiting on him the idle kicked up while in gear of course that was after the 2 minutes and temp gauge was still on the 140* mark. is that normal?

by the way Quad i love the new tunes, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM

Mine had a hiccup this weekend. I was in gear idling thru the walmart parking lot. It idled up, kinda like it was gonna run away. I hit the brakes and it stalled. But it did crank right back up. I have the #2010 tune with auto tranny. This was a one time deal so far.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MATTIEBOB
ok i got a question, this morning i started my truck and after two minutes the idle kicked up like its suppose to. i kicked it off and drove about five blocks to pick my freind up and while i was waiting on him the idle kicked up while in gear of course that was after the 2 minutes and temp gauge was still on the 140* mark. is that normal?

by the way Quad i love the new tunes, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, it sounds lke it is working.

ANY time the module is in PL00 and you are at an idle state (ie no TPS or on 2001.5-02 models the brake is not pressed) the 2 minutes starts counting on its own. So, if you have it in PL00 then anytime you are stopped for 2 minutes and you have a High Idle tune installed, it is going to idle up.

ANY time you are in warm up mode the module defaults to PL00 regardless of the switch position. If you have the 140deg warm up mode and you are under 140 degrees, you will default to PL00. So, see the above comments about being in PL00. This also applies to the 170 deg warm up mode. If you are less than 170 degrees and you have High Idle installed, aft 2 minutes it is going to idle up.

Quick Reply: XZT+ Update Page!!!