Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

User Comments on Quadzilla Max Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User Comments on Quadzilla Max Mileage

It is that time again when Diesel prices are stupid and we are thinking MORE MPG.
The Quadzilla product is 1/2 the price of the similar Edge product.
I would like to hear from users who have there Max Mileage installed for a while and get your feedback, as well as what you think the PAYBACK period might be.
Also any comment on the Edge product that competes at 2X the price.
Also comments on ease of installation and Customer Support.
I am sure many Gen 2 Users want to hear!!
I did a search and found limited feedback.
Thanks!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 AM

Cant speak for mileage max, I had an EZ, helped extremely well with power and I saw no measurable mileage increase, but the cost of it and gauges were more than an Edge Juice(comes with gauges) even with my Juice turned up, mileage stays the same, maybe slightly better when on 5x5, again I have never seen an increase that off set the cost of the box, definitatly worth it just for the power increase, with no measurable mileage drop.

driving habits I believe net better results,
proper maintence and tire pressures will help as well
best thing might be making your own bio-diesel to cut fuel costs
Old 03-24-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^Agree. I run my XZT+ in mileage mode and haven't noticed in increase or decrease in mileage. I bought mine for the fuel switch and high idle and really didn't expect any mileage increases...unless you go off the overhead computer which reads +5. If you are going to get one, get the fuel/timing box so you can at least have fun with it.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 AM

its power level one on the adrenaline and i dont notice any mileage increase
Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 AM

I Bought the Mileage Max 2 years ago. I check my mileage every tank and it didn't change anything. They had a 90 day return policy and I got my $ back. I also tried the $69.00 G Force chip listed here, it didn't work either.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Seems like I have read maybe 1 good response on the Max Mileage vs 5 or so they said it did not help. Keep the reposnses coming, please. It seems for mileage, this product may not deliver.
It seems that I have read more positive reviews on the similar Edge product. but they were certaily not all favorable. Let's hear on the Edge too.
It seems at the end of the day, the payback may not be there or is very long, if mpg is you goal.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
subscribed, want the most mileage out of mine also!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM

I got an Edge EZ off ebay for about $200. I get more power when needed, and no loss of MPG as long as I keep my foot out of it.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 PM

I too have the XZT+ and started running it in the mileage mode with absolutely no difference in mileage or power or sound. Multiple trips and hand-calculated. But I am glad for the power setting. Otherwise I would have returned it.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM

I just stumbled in here looking to increase mileage, too - no experience or even research to claim yet on chips etc., but I am skeptical. It seems intuitively bogus for a mfr to claim a mileage increase, as this would suggest Cummins hadn't already invested substantial effort over many years, and probably far greater resources in this pursuit. Power at the expense of mileage, I could see, or vice-versa, but both? The "free lunch" thing always has me leery. Am I missing something?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 'pants
I just stumbled in here looking to increase mileage, too - no experience or even research to claim yet on chips etc., but I am skeptical. It seems intuitively bogus for a mfr to claim a mileage increase, as this would suggest Cummins hadn't already invested substantial effort over many years, and probably far greater resources in this pursuit. Power at the expense of mileage, I could see, or vice-versa, but both? The "free lunch" thing always has me leery. Am I missing something?
Cummins need to adhere to emmisions regs. so at times timing needs to be retarded for the sake of emmisions at the expense of milage and hp.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Just from my experience with my Dmax's, running the tuners in the lower HP setting like tow and economy net little to no increase in MPG. I have however seen a consistant 2-2.5 mpg increase when I run the programers in the highest tune. I've run the BD tripple dog, Edge J/A, and Diablo. All had the best MPG increase on the highest tune. Which makes sense because the higher tunes run higher timing and rail pressure. So its a cleaner more complete burn. You just have to keep your foot out of it.

Try the higher tunes with easy driving, you should see a nice gain. Timing is what your after while unloaded. Of course dont tow on these tunes.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by 'pants
Tis true..a good power enhancing add on can indeed get you a mileage increase because it changes the parameters away from the smog related programming...realistically though most of our customers never really see much of a mileage gain because the truck becomes more fun to drive and they go every where with their foot buried in it after they enhance the truck.

If you are able to control your driving habits, you can see better mileage...
Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 AM

I have a Smarty and when I run on the timing only program I get a bit better mpg. Around 1-3. I still have to stay at 58-60 mph however. Every excursion into the 60's and up to 70 costs mpg. the motor has to stay at about 2000 rpm. Even going slower doesn't seem to help. It's just the sweet spot.

I pull 12k trailer and run the same speed. I get 13-14 most of the time but I really have to watch the traffic and the road conditions. Never go over 60 mph except down hill foot off the gas.