Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

turbo turbo turbos so many options?!?!?!?

Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo turbo turbos so many options?!?!?!?

well i been researching and reading on old forums. i am just not shure what will be the best route for me to go. i been reading on building your own twin set up....geez their is so many combos you can build and it could take a while to set up one right. then there is a single turbo set up another option with multiple possibilities. i have no ideal what i want or need. i could spend alot of money and time on twins or get a good single set up. well in my sig. is what i got, i want a set up that will spool up fairly quick and keep my egts down. i would like to build a twin setup but there is so many choices. i would like the most cost effective one but cant decide which one would work out. i am also interested in like the super b but am not shure if it would provide enough air to support my fuel. i use this truck for regular driving some towing and racing. i need some help...been thinking on this for a while but its turning out not to be a easy decision. thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:56 PM

A reg Super B won't be enough to keep you cool. You could get their twins and should be sufficient. You could also try the Super B Special. That won't have the real fast spool up that you want though. If you want cheap twins, run the stock turbo with something like a K31, or an S475. The former is a bit smaller, and wastegated, making tuning a little more complex, but you will have better control. Most S400 turbos are freefloat housings, no wastegate. You won't be able to dial it in as well as you could with a wastegate, but will still work very well.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:01 PM

thats what i was thinking the super b would be too small. been reading that the super b special it is ment for like mild sled pulling that really works best at wot. so thats why i been looking in to building my own twins with keeping my hy 35 or using a hx 40 for the small turbo in the set up. been seeing the s475 in forums but have no idear about it. but im thinking it would be simplier just to get like a phatshaft 62 or 64, not quite shure which one. i guess ill call them tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Chapter President

You can run a 62/71/14 with your fueling.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 PM

62/71/14 humm the more i look in to it...that seems like a gud single set up.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 AM

The Super B Special is a 64/71 turbo. 62mm turbos are a good daily driver turbo. I don't have any towing experience, so I'll leave that to someone else. Twins are hard to beat, but the 62mm perform very well, and are reasonably priced. Most bolt on twins would be in the 3-4k area. You could build them for less than $1k depending on the deals you find. But downtime and lack of tooling can be issues when making your own.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:19 PM

well im am seeing its kinda hard to find all the parts for a twin set up. down time is no problem i have a 6.4 to drive. i been lookin all over for a gud turbo for a twin setup, even flea bay.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tate View Post
The Super B Special is a 64/71 turbo. 62mm turbos are a good daily driver turbo. I don't have any towing experience, so I'll leave that to someone else. Twins are hard to beat, but the 62mm perform very well, and are reasonably priced. Most bolt on twins would be in the 3-4k area. You could build them for less than $1k depending on the deals you find. But downtime and lack of tooling can be issues when making your own.
Not to hijack this thread, but rather to help out psd_tuner and me.... What parts do you need to build a twins setup with an S475 and an HX? Hot pipe, cold pipe, vband clamps, oil line... things like that. What all is included? Been looking at building my own twins, but don't know what parts I need. TIA
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM

Whats up Nate my man, and psd.
Give these guys a call, Ive heard good things about them for price, parts, and knowledge on buildin custom twins.

http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/shop...5_9L-48-1.html
Old 10-14-2009, 11:44 AM

sps 62/71 is what im going with and if u wanted to twin it later 62 from II would be awsome!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Another Turbo Q?

My 99 auto is running an Edge w/ attitude, 75 hp injectors, 4" exhaust, k-n air, ats manifold and intake, is the stock turbo sufficient to tow or should I upgrade and to what, in other words best turbo for the money. Thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 04:52 PM

drp23, I would atleast look into a HX35/40 hybrid. that would give you a bit more air for a bit less cost then a full upgrade new turbo.
On the other hand IMO a BD super B would prob do real good with your current fueling.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the post, super B would be sufficient? Don't need the Special? What is a good deal for a Super B?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 AM

sps 62/71/14 ordered ill post when i get it in my truck how it works out for me
Old 10-15-2009, 11:41 PM

Sick psd! Im jealous

DRP, with your 75 hp sticks and the juice I think the super B would work great IMO.

IMO if you went with the 'super B special' youd need bigger sticks, 150's I'd say.

Im running the J/A and my Hybrid (60/58/12) handles it just fine, towing and racing.
Add in your 75 hp sticks with a 57/65/14 super B, and youll be movin alot more air through to handle the fuel from the sticks.
JMO, but I think a super B would do ya good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo turbo turbos so many options?!?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.