Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

triple disk dtt tc

Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL....I was speced for the triple as well as the billet wheel too to adequately support the extra weight. Stall speed was not changed in lieu of the triple. I have the fortune of having a single disk converter in the fleet as well. I will say that the lock-up of the triple is very snappy without any slip at all. You would think it ia another gear. On wet or somewhat dirty pavement the truck WILL get loose on a lock-up in OD, or 3rd whichever the case may be. I am happy with it and actually like the way it feels in contrast to the single. I don't shift lock to lock, don't need to anyway.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 PM

Why were you spec'd for a triple?

Did you ask for special requirements? Did you specify that your HP goals were X,XXX????
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM

It was determined when we profiled the truck.....how I drive it, power enhancements done or prospected in the near future, gears, tire size, timing, turbo selection etc. And yes, we discussed a 650 hp goal. I told him I wanted a tranny built for the 50% of the time it was being flogged, and I'd learn how to drive it the other 50% of the time when it wasn't. I was pleasantly surprised that it exceeded my expectations on both accounts, and that no driving adjustments were needed between flogging sessions and normal driving. Albeit, none of that can be contributed to the triple I don't believe, as the other 2 DTT trucks I work on are the same way. The biggest difference I can see between the two converters is how crisp the lock-up is in the triple in contrast to the single. It's not quite like a full gear change because RPM drop is not that noticeable due of the efficiency of the fluid coupling, but it's indeed there. If the question is if the single is adequate and now a triple is in the line-up for unknown reasons, I don't know. Being that they custom build a trans for an individual truck and don't stock ready to go units, I took his advice and let him build it as he deemed appropriately. The most important factor I believe is being honest with yourself about your power levels, and being honest with them about how you drive the truck and what you expect from it.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:55 AM

Well, I gave them the green light to do whatever they think they need to. James and I have talked many times. He knows what I have in power adds and also knows I don't plan on stopping (at least not when I get some money back.) I told them the price difference didn't bother me and whichever way he and Bill decide to go, I will be happy with their decision. Im just tired of my truck running like a 82 diesel vw pickup. I am ready to see what my money actually did to the performance of my truck.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derceg
Im just tired of my truck running like a 82 diesel vw pickup. I am ready to see what my money actually did to the performance of my truck.
Prepare to smile alot!!

RJ
Old 12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjohnson
Prepare to smile alot!!

RJ
Yup. You will now have a permanent grin on your face for the rest of your life. I've had mine for over a month now and I still smile everytime I hit the throttle.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:19 PM

Well, I gave them the green light to do whatever they think they need to. James and I have talked many times. He knows what I have in power adds and also knows I don't plan on stopping (at least not when I get some money back.) I told them the price difference didn't bother me and whichever way he and Bill decide to go, I will be happy with their decision. Im just tired of my truck running like a 82 diesel vw pickup. I am ready to see what my money actually did to the performance of my truck.
I think you nailed the actual answer to most of these transmission threads... the builder makes the most difference. The builder is the one you call at 2am whining because you shattered a main shaft. The builder gets the credit when the truck runs quick. If you told James your realistic goals, you'll end up with a beautiful transmission and better yet, excellent service.

brnaodn.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

I think you nailed the actual answer to most of these transmission threads... the builder makes the most difference.
Brandon has been on a string of good tranny advice as of late.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
ALL HAIL DTT!!!

Did I ruin it??

brnadon.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
Too bad tranny advice only addresses the first of MANY, MANY, problems he has

Like not returning borrowed parts

Chris
Old 12-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
Too bad tranny advice only addresses the first of MANY, MANY, problems he has

Like not returning borrowed parts

Chris
Whaaat? I'll give back the turbo, cam, DV's, injectors, wheels and tires when I'm done using them.

brnaodn.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 PM

I have been doing lots of research on what transmission I want. Dtt just edged the rest out. I have full confindence in james and cant wait to get my transmission redone. Just wish he wasn't 5 hours away so when I do something stupid like a 15-20 boost launch and break something, the tow bill would be a lot cheaper.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by joefarmer
Whaaat? I'll give back the turbo, cam, DV's, injectors, wheels and tires when I'm done using them.

brnaodn.
Turbo's your's remember...what wheels and tires??

If I repossessed all my stuff you'd be at about 200hp

Just playin' Brnaodondnmaindonuironodn,
Chris
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dtt

I have been doing lots of research on what transmission I want. Dtt just edged the rest out. I have full confindence in james and cant wait to get my transmission redone. Just wish he wasn't 5 hours away so when I do something stupid like a 15-20 boost launch and break something, the tow bill would be a lot cheaper.
DTT is a good choice, how about the Warranty? If the tripple is a little stronger does is have a better warrenty? Thanks for your time
Old 12-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by 1workinman
DTT is a good choice, how about the Warranty? If the tripple is a little stronger does is have a better warrenty? Thanks for your time
DTT has NEVER stated the triple is stronger!!!

From their current and past stance on multi disk torque converters one could draw their own conclusion that there would be NO warranty for the converter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: triple disk dtt tc