Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Timbo APPS (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/timbo-apps-290517/)

birddoctor 05-29-2011 05:58 PM

Timbo APPS

I just installed a Timbo APPS.The thing works great! But, now my banks brake wont work.I have set the appps to the recommended settings,even unhooked the batteries and reset everything.Still no go.I have juice to the brake,but it wont engage when I let off the accelerator.Any and all suggestions appreciated.

johnh 05-29-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by birddoctor (Post 2974319)
I just installed a Timbo APPS.The thing works great! But, now my banks brake wont work.I have set the appps to the recommended settings,even unhooked the batteries and reset everything.Still no go.I have juice to the brake,but it wont engage when I let off the accelerator.Any and all suggestions appreciated.

check the wire to the ecm, it might have been disturbed during the timbo install, did you do the apps install? on second thought, i don't know if the banks wire setup is the same as pacbrake. but if it is the ecm on the side of the engine controls the brake..............good luck

birddoctor 05-29-2011 06:15 PM

Yes its on the ecm side of the of the wires. I'll go back over the wires again,could be something messed up there.It was working until I changed the apps.

bigsmokey 05-29-2011 09:16 PM

well i am not sure how to post a picture like the rest of you but you can see in my gallery i have a buckstop bumper on my truck and its because we have alot of moose up here and there is an ongoing debate at work as to how my bumper would handle hitting a moose but i figure it couldn't be worse then a stock bumper so... got in an accident with my truck had a bolt on brush gaurd didn't fair to well so when i got the money from the insurance company a full winch bumper was ordered

RowJ 05-30-2011 04:20 PM

Big differeence between bolt on Brush Guard and a full replacement BullBar/Bumper.
Much better chance of being able to drive home after impact, because your radiator stayed intact. And the biggest plus is serious impact will not get back to your Cummins anywhere near as easily.

Here's hoping the corillary to Muprhys Law kicks in and you never find out!
That the part of Murphy's Law that says, for example, if you install tow hooks.... you will never again need towing. [laugh]

RJ

birddoctor 05-30-2011 04:45 PM

What do the last 2 posts have to do with an exhaust brake that doesnt work???????

RowJ 05-31-2011 08:08 AM

Nothing!
I responded because I thought 'Big Smokey' was the original poster, hyjacking his own thread.
Sorry about that!

RJ

rebal 05-31-2011 11:24 AM

banks uses scotch locks on the wires ...POS check the one at the apps or the water temp sensor thats where i would start

birddoctor 05-31-2011 05:11 PM

Ok will do that.Any other kind of locks I can get locally that are better?

rotohead 06-01-2011 04:20 PM

Geno's Garage sells a product called Swenco Posi-Lock. I've seen them (or product similar) in other places but they are barrel type screw on rather then a crimp type connection. Geno's sell a assortment pack but I've seen a bigger selection on other auto parts sites. They have a 'splice' type piece that works great for taping into a existing circuit.
Chuck

birddoctor 06-01-2011 08:05 PM

I'm gonna work on it more this weekend.Does anybody know what the voltage should be set at on the apps? I have mine set at .633.I cant get in touch with timbo,so i'm just winging it here.

rotohead 06-02-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by birddoctor (Post 2975509)
I'm gonna work on it more this weekend.Does anybody know what the voltage should be set at on the apps? I have mine set at .633.I cant get in touch with timbo,so i'm just winging it here.

According to the instructions I received from timbo voltage should be set between .600 and .670.

birddoctor 06-02-2011 05:29 PM

Ok thanks,guess I got mine set about right then.