Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dual steering damper

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual steering damper

I dug around in the old threads a bit, but couldn' find anything, so here we are.
I would imagine some of you guys have stuck dual steering dampers on 2nd gen trucks. Mines a 2002 3500 dually, stock height, 4wd sport (not sure if the sport trim makes a difference). The trouble is I'm having an awful lot of trouble finding one for my rig. I've found lots of 3Rd gen ones that look easily adaptable, but i dont know for sure. I'm also wanting to do a Dodge Offroad steering and trackbar upgrade in the summer, but I don't know if the two will cooperate. Any wisdom or experience will be much appreciated.
Thanks y'al
Old 02-16-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to Dodge Steering Support ? DSS, I got my SkyJacker Dual Stabilizer kit from there. They have it for the 2002 Ram as well. It took care of my DeathWobble as well.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by FlaCracker
Go to Dodge Steering Support ? DSS, I got my SkyJacker Dual Stabilizer kit from there. They have it for the 2002 Ram as well. It took care of my DeathWobble as well.
Thanks bud, I'll check that out. I've actually never personally met a dodge truck that has a death wobble. Been in plenty that wander all over, but never a shaker. Can't imagine it's any fun.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Death wobble is a combination of alignment out and worn parts...not sure a dual steering stabilizer is a permanent fix....just my .02
Old 02-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by SIXSLUG
Death wobble is a combination of alignment out and worn parts...not sure a dual steering stabilizer is a permanent fix....just my .02
Doesn' have a death wobble. Never has, and I've never actually seen one in person that does either. It' just starting to have more slack than normal, this is just a bandaid fix for the next couple months til I can get it done right. I'm trying to find a good line on a setup for a 3.75 in axle tube, and whether it'l cooperate with a DOR kit.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me, in my case, it was part of the solution. I replaced everything in my front-end suspension, including the tires, strut bushings, all steering rods, steering stabilizer and new steering gearbox, still had the problem. After I added the dual-stabilizers, problem solved. Worn-out front-end suspension components significantly increases the chances of this event happen, I believe the ultimate culprit and source of the issue is design flaws in the 2nd gen suspension system to begin with.

Since adding the dual-stabilizers, I have not experienced this problem again in over two years.