Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

anyone runnin powermax3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone runnin powermax3?

i jus bought a powermax3 box for my truck and i love it does anyone have any complaints about it ?? i also jus put a semi air filter on my truck and removed the factory box anyone no bout that?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:52 PM

lots of guys run the TST... I don't know of any complaints. Use the search function and you may find more reading than your hearts content.

and the air filter... you mean one of these....

Old 02-22-2006, 06:57 PM

you like it alot?.....get you an ez or diablo puck and stack with it,,,then tell us how you like it ...........youll love it.......................bama
Old 02-22-2006, 08:54 PM

or a smarty, change tire size, high idle. ads more fuel in low end
Old 02-23-2006, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sothern thunder
i jus bought a powermax3 box for my truck and i love it does anyone have any complaints about it ?? i also jus put a semi air filter on my truck and removed the factory box anyone no bout that?
You won't hear too many complaints about a TST, but keep in mind it is strictly a fueling box which is why these guys are telling you to stack a timing box or a smarty programmer with it. Only problem is if you're running a high setting and floor it then let off the throttle, you might hear a shudder from the VP44

Which air filter did you use? The term people use for that 'round here is BHAF- big honkin air filter.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll love the TST PM3. It's really designed for stock injectors and if it's your only upgrade, will work very well.
Adding bigger injectors will create some EGT problems that can best be handled with a timing box stacked on top of the PM3. An EZ stacked on the PM3 will give more responsivness at low rpm's and lower egt's 2-300*. With the arrival of the Smarty programmer... the EZ's will be available in the $200-$300 range.
For ultimate driving expirience... add the Smarty to the PM3 and HOLD ON!!!

Your next concern will be a clutch upgrade.... depending on how aggresively you drive.

Enjoy the PM3.... it's a quality, reliable, US mfg, time proven box that will give you years of trouble free power!

RJ

PS - the shudder mentioned above... only occurs with the more aggresive "Competition" model of the PM3. Not a concern for the standard PM3!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjohnson
US mfg,
Nah, unfortunately Mark finally sent them overseas. I think he said it was sometime in late 2004 or early 2005 when he did it. I have one of the Chinese varieties....

Back to the original question.... The TST creates insane power when coupled with injectors, but with the stock charger and bigger sticks you will only be able to use the lowest settings with your foot to the floor. You can use the higher settings, but you'll have to move your right foot according to the EGT gauge. It isn't any fun then because you'll get stopped for speeding!

Don't forget about your transmission or clutch! Even on the lower settings the TST will devour anything that is stock.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
PS - the shudder mentioned above... only occurs with the more aggresive "Competition" model of the PM3. Not a concern for the standard PM3!
Roger
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm hoping to have a TST added into the mix quite soon.

The Smarty/Mach4/TST combo makes pretty good power based on field reports. I have 2 out of 3 and think that it makes good power even WITHOUT the TST!

I gotta beef up my clutch a bit. I also still have my stock turbo.

So here's my plan:
1) Add TST to Mach 4s and Smarty
2) Convert Wategate to hobbs-switched w/ solenoid control
3) Add some nitrous since I don't have a turbo upgrade. Add it until the smoke goes away at 35psi boost. This is why you want a good wastegate!
4) Now you need more fuel, since you are burning all the diesel you can get from an HO (or just about all of it). In comes the propane.
5) Repair headgasket I blew with propane and nitrous.
6) Add more nitrous to burn the added propane
7) Insert water/meth in there somewhere

Whaddaya think, fellas-- am I certifiable? 600hp on the stock charger
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Chapter President

Don't forget to add a Helix cam.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Whaddaya think, fellas-- am I certifiable? 600hp on the stock charger
Either you *really* like your charger or you just like doing things the hard way =P But what do I know
Old 02-23-2006, 12:53 PM

I think that would be sweet HOHN,

Kinda like the guy in the pulling, competition forum who dyno'ed 1055 on a single with drugs, and lotsa them im guessing
Old 02-23-2006, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a couple problems with my TST. Twice it erased the programing. The first time I sent it in and got it fixed and upgraded. Cost me 50 bucks, but I thought it was worth it. Got it back and the same thing happened about a month later. Sent it back, and same thing, it wiped out the program. They were going to charge me for the upgrade again. I told them I just payed for the upgrade a month ago. They looked it up and said yes you did. We'll only charge you for shipping. Now thats customer service seeings how my TST was out of warranty, let see, aaaaaaa, about 2 years ago. I would not give up my TST. I had a power puck stacked with it until recently for more low end like mentioned above. I didn't see any big EGT reductions. The TST will make your pickup chug diesel. I've had a few differant injectors with and have like them all with it. We'll see how it does with the new ones. Custom 200+, shhh dont tell. Everyone knows how big a secret it is.