Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Rear bumpers (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/rear-bumpers-67503/)

gasitman 05-02-2005 06:39 PM

Rear bumpers

I crinkled mine on a tree yesterday, but they want almost $500 for a new oem, anyone know where I can get a nice aftermarket one for that or less?

wmatt 05-02-2005 08:16 PM

http://www.marshallwelding.com/ranch.html

Ranch hands are a pretty rugged bumper.

Crimedog 05-02-2005 08:24 PM

I have a Luverne It's a 10" drop style, but they have normal, 8", and 10" drop style. Putnam has Class V hitches that fit each style. I think it cost like 350 bucks. I got rearended by a lady in a van while plowing, just scratched the bumper and pushed it into the rear of the box a little bit, it wouldn't have done any damage except there was a spot of bondo on there and it cracked the bondo. But it sprang back out to its normal position. Then I got hit on the other side by a drunk driver, this time she just bounced off the outside edge of the bumper and hit my tire and box side, but the bumper was unharmed. This is a very heavy duty bumper, and it looks great, too. Check out my gallery for pics of it...

Hemi Cat 05-02-2005 09:13 PM

Key Stone wants $291 for black and $253 for chrome according to their catalog. Washington has 3 stores, seattle425-251-8670. Let me know how you make out, I have only bought from them 3 times and have had good experience so far.

jfpointer 05-03-2005 06:40 AM

Originally posted by Crimedog
I have a Luverne It's a 10" drop style, but they have normal, 8", and 10" drop style. Putnam has Class V hitches that fit each style. I think it cost like 350 bucks. I got rearended by a lady in a van while plowing, just scratched the bumper and pushed it into the rear of the box a little bit, it wouldn't have done any damage except there was a spot of bondo on there and it cracked the bondo. But it sprang back out to its normal position. Then I got hit on the other side by a drunk driver, this time she just bounced off the outside edge of the bumper and hit my tire and box side, but the bumper was unharmed. This is a very heavy duty bumper, and it looks great, too. Check out my gallery for pics of it...
I have the same bumper, 8" drop, which just barely fits with the factory trailer hitch. I'd have to look up the receipt, but I think I paid around the same amount for mine. There are a couple pics of it on my webpage.

Edit: Oops, forgot I took the website address out of my sig: www.jimpointeronline.homestead.com

RowJ 05-03-2005 02:02 PM

Re: Rear bumpers

Originally posted by gasitman
I crinkled mine on a tree yesterday, but they want almost $500 for a new oem, anyone know where I can get a nice aftermarket one for that or less?
Factory Bumper off an 02 in the classified for $100.00. (it's mine). There would be some shipping but total would be under $200.00 for everything...I would think!
PM me if interested or call work # in Ad.
RJ

smokindog 05-03-2005 02:07 PM

Where did you get the $500 figure? I bought a brand new factory rear for $273 at the dealer after one of my employees backed it into a light pole. A few months after that the same employee bumped another pole with the front and that one was closer at $425 with lower fascia, top cover, air dam, and all the little plastic rivets and clips.

RowJ 05-03-2005 02:11 PM

I priced them 2 months ago. Was quoted $502.00 from a dodge dealer. Thats the bumper only...no brackets and no rubber/blk plastic "foot tread" on top!

RJ

smokindog 05-03-2005 02:23 PM

Whoa, that's nuts! I bought the rear here in Cleveland, OH and the front in Grants Pass, OR. That $273 included the brackets, rear step cover, and new bolts and nuts.

smokindog 05-03-2005 02:25 PM

Oh, by the way RJ, I really like that UTE front you have. I saw one a couple years ago in Oregon and I would have made that my front replacement this February if I hadn't already bought the factory.

RowJ 05-03-2005 03:15 PM

Members seem to either love the UTE...or really dislike them...no inbetween. Many of the "dislikes" are just very pro, black powdercoat and don't want anything else....but still, it surprises me.

I love the strenght & fixability most; I won't loose many bumper car encounters and can sand out up to 1/4" gouges and shine it up to good as new!

I'am also kind of partial to the unique design.

Thanks for you comments.
RJ

CORed 05-03-2005 04:24 PM

These guys are pricey, but the look is definitely unique and tough... lots of options. I'd love to have some $$$ to blow on a front and/or rear bumper from these guys...

Road Armor:
http://www.roadarmor.com/ra3/rear_bumpers.html

gasitman 05-03-2005 07:18 PM

Thanks for the help, yeah, the dealer wanted the $500. I want a drop down, I think they are sharp. As for road armor, only when I win the lotto. [laugh]

royta 05-05-2005 05:56 PM

You might want to look at the Reunel line of bumpers. My custom rear bumper is patterned after the old school 86-98 Ford bumper that Reunel makes. The hitch is high and out of harm's way.

Flatty 05-05-2005 10:58 PM

Can you weld? Build one yourself!!!! If not, PM me, and I will get you in touch with some shops up in WA that can build you a FULLY custom one for WAY less than what a new one costs.

Dima