Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Question about Edge Comp (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/question-about-edge-comp-136278/)

Truckman 02-09-2007 07:12 AM

Question about Edge Comp

I just purchased the upgrade from Edge EZ to the Edge Comp,,
I have a FP gauge and am going to get a pyro gauge,The comp will be here before the gauge,so you know I will install right away.
My question is what level can I put the comp on where the EGT's will not hurt anything?till I can install gauge I am not tapping the pump wire right now(203000 mile VP).
Maybe after I replace the IP i'LL tap it.
My engine is all stock except for a drop K&N

White00 02-09-2007 07:54 AM

If you don't tap the wire, you will get the same hp as the EZ.

Teddy Bear 02-09-2007 08:55 AM

If youve got good fuel pressure i say go ahead and tap the wire, and cross your fingers. Even some fairly new VPs have been known to bite the dust with a tapped wire. Tapping the wire makes a huge difference in power, if your pump can survive:(

CTDPower11 02-09-2007 09:57 AM

Yes, as long as you dont pierce the pump wire, you want be seeing much more HP over your EZ... When you do plan on piercing the wire, check out those new Stealth Covers. I cant remember who makes them, but Im sure someone will chime in and tell you. They make the connections to the pump more reliable!!!

Don

shortfieldbreak 02-09-2007 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by CTDPower11 (Post 1347154)
Yes, as long as you dont pierce the pump wire, you want be seeing much more HP over your EZ... When you do plan on piercing the wire, check out those new Stealth Covers. I cant remember who makes them, but Im sure someone will chime in and tell you. They make the connections to the pump more reliable!!!

Don

You're talking about the BD covers. If you want a reliable connection, solder it, period. There tend to be issues after several months (typically) with the pump cover, but I've never heard anyone complain, even years later, with a soldered connection. It takes a little longer to do because you have to remove the air intake housing, but in the long run you'll be much better off.

-SFB

Marine 02-09-2007 10:48 AM

Blue chip diesel also makes a cover.

As for tapping the wire, Go ahead and do it. It is all hit and miss with the wire tap and the VP. If it is going to die, it will die really quick, It it lasts the first week, it will more than likely last a long time.
Just be prepared to fork out 1200-1700.00 if you tap the wire. But they are right...the Comp untapped is the same as an EZ.

As for the EGT's, I wouldn't go past 2x2 if it were me without a guage.

Truckman 02-09-2007 03:27 PM

So NO Worry than

So Just as long as I dont tap the pump wire I should Not worry about EGT's..

Thanks

Tate 02-09-2007 11:33 PM

If you're not towing or hauling heavy, I don't think EGT's will be much of a problem if you stay smart about it. Even with my setup now, I don't have much EGT concerns in reg driving and playing around for a short time.

01smokin 02-10-2007 03:49 PM

igot the juice and the wire tapped and cant get over 1250 on 5^5 and my pump is still good. i keep it on level five all the time.