Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Quadzilla Adrenaline (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/quadzilla-adrenaline-323547/)

ramcummins 11-17-2015 04:46 PM

Quadzilla Adrenaline

Is anyone still using this tuner? I'm having some troubles with mine. As soon as my coolant hits 203 degrees my tuner completely shuts down and kills my engine power to below stock power. Any ideas?

high bid 11-17-2015 08:40 PM

Check the settings...there are adjustable limits which control it.
I'd also check coolant level, water pump and thermostat. I don't believe temps should or need to be that high.

ramcummins 11-18-2015 09:36 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. The only time it gets that hot is when I'm pulling a load up a hill. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't figure 203 was unreasonable given the pull??? I will check the coolant and t-stat though. As for the settings on the tuner, shouldn't they just cut the additional power back to stock and still have power to the monitor of the adrenaline? It totally shuts everything off (no chip, no monitor, nothing). Also cuts the stock power back as if the ecm isn't reading any boost.

high bid 11-18-2015 09:30 PM

I'd check the normal operations first to make sure all are working properly. Those temps seem high even in winter and towing. My truck towing up hill in south Texas summer and I'll only hit 205* for a short time.
If everything is shutting off, then it sounds like you may have a short. When it shuts off it is probably eliminating all the signals to/from the ecm and thus causing more issues.
I'd disconnect it, check all the factory stuff and then go from there. Do a coolant flush,check water pump, thermostat and the backside of the radiator to see if it's clogged up.
Good luck

ramcummins 11-18-2015 11:55 PM

Thanks for your help, I'll check these things first.

high bid 11-19-2015 07:42 AM

Go to the top left of the site, click on "user cp" and fill out your signature so we know more details about your truck.

ramcummins 11-23-2015 08:37 PM

Sorry about the signature. It used to be there. I haven't been on here for a couple of years, something must have changed, also it looks different than it used to cause I'm doing it on my mobile instead of my computer... I'll log on with my computer and get that fixed.

I checked my coolant, thermostat, ect... It all seems to be working normal.

ramcummins 11-23-2015 08:56 PM

Weird, I logged on with my computer and went to change my sig, but it was still there. I'll try this post with my computer and see if it showes up.

ramcummins 11-24-2015 08:10 PM

Looks like the signature works when posting from computer but not mobile :huh: