Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Perry county Truck PUll (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/perry-county-truck-pull-48215/)

mitch@jc'sCTD 07-27-2004 12:03 PM

Perry county Truck PUll

Did any of you guys see the hot diesel class at the perry county fair in ohio? Man mitchell's white dodge is awesome!!! I heard that 2 years ago he was at 1200 hp[eyecrazy]

dieselminded 07-28-2004 09:40 PM

I was thier till 1: 30 am and I had to go to work @ 4 am man did that day stink !!! Mitchels truck was worth it all ..........WOW I cant beleave a truck can do that. all tho I have seen 1 cummins that looks meaner pm me with your email and Ill try to send it to you I think the video i got is schied.??.. At the end of the track mitchel blew some thing .......some thing big maybe a head gasket well I dont blame it after holding together for that run it needed a little relef .........his truck with those tires looked too cool .... I want one [laugh]

Crimedog 07-28-2004 10:39 PM

You guys didn't even snap a picture of it?!?[eyecrazy]

dieselminded 07-28-2004 11:49 PM

it was dark and my wife and boy left the fair with the camera @ about 10:00 So i had to take a mental pic. [laugh] the video I got that is unbeleaveable is @ http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/Video.htm ----------- its the (1) Kent Crowder - Full Pull link under Cynthiana, KY - October 2003 ....mitchel truck is bad and all but this truck is just nuts. .. I guess kent crowder is schied or something ?? ....... i just wish he was running mitchels tires it would then be the greatest thing Ive ever seen , Theyve pulled against each other and mitchel won.

dieselminded 07-29-2004 12:45 AM

Heres a pic of mitchels truck with the big wide bar tread pulling tires you might have to squint to see them [laugh]

joefarmer 07-29-2004 02:34 AM

The only beef I have with Mitchell's is that no small player, like myself, has the power or money to compete with them. If we pull, we gotta run with them anyways since "twins aren't allowed in the street class".

As long as everyone promises to not hit it at once, here's my video link with all the pulls in Hilliard's 8000# open class, including Mitchell's 330ft pull the night before:
http://www.firepunk.com/hilliard04f.mpeg (68MB)

You remember the Perry county fair board walking across the track halfway thru the open class? Rumor has it that they tore apart a dually street-class truck trying to find out if it had twin turbos in the street class. The owner of the truck caught them ripping the fenderwell liner from the passenger's side wheel well. After a bunch of arguing, the owner finally managed to convince them to just open the hood and look at his SINGLE charger. I'm just glad that wasn't my truck or a certain fair board would have had a lawsuit on Monday morning. [verymad]

brandon.

Captain 07-29-2004 03:03 AM

wow what a bunch of idiots on that fair board. Do they know what that crap costs? That plastic peice is like 125$ or something and each of those stupid plastic pop rivits is 2 or 4$ I know I just bought them all [eyecrazy]

DuaneWKKC 07-29-2004 06:17 AM

I watched the hillard truck pull, Mitchells truck is awsome but it is solely a pulling truck. The truck that impressed me was the white one that won the previous class, I forget his name. Very strong truck.
I also saw a FORD outpull :o Mitchel at the London Ohio pull.

Pick your jaws up..........

He was running a Cummins :rolleyes: .

I heard that he was getting around 1800 hp! Supposedly he wanted to pull a Powerstroke, but to get that kind of power he would have had around 100K in motor alone.

DuaneW.

dieselminded 07-29-2004 08:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joefarmer
[B]The only beef I have with Mitchell's is that no small player, like myself, has the power or money to compete with them. If we pull, we gotta run with them anyways since "twins aren't allowed in the street class". ----well here you are complaining about the "big players with too much money" while most people who pull cannot afford twin turbos like you. theres always gonna be somebody bigger and better if you want that to be you just spend more money. you already have half of us beat on the track. or you can remove your twins and do everything possible to fit in stock ....but wait........ mitchel has a truck like that (MILBY) .
[laugh]

George&cheryl 07-29-2004 09:19 AM

Cool stuff

Does anybody know if they have any sled pulls planned for Vegas?

dieselminded 07-29-2004 01:01 PM

for the list of up comming pulls go to Mitchels website youll also get to see some cool videos ---http://www.enterpriseengine.com/ ----------there is also other web sites with pull schedules do a serch on yahooooooooo. try ---WWW.TRUCKPULLS.COM ----- they seem to have some info.

George&cheryl 07-29-2004 02:55 PM

Originally posted by dieselminded
for the list of up comming pulls go to Mitchels website youll also get to see some cool videos ---http://www.enterpriseengine.com/ ----------there is also other web sites with pull schedules do a serch on yahooooooooo. try ---WWW.TRUCKPULLS.COM ----- they seem to have some info.
Allrighty then, thanks a bunch

joefarmer 07-29-2004 04:17 PM

Originally posted by dieselminded
----well here you are complaining about the "big players with too much money" while most people who pull cannot afford twin turbos like you. theres always gonna be somebody bigger and better if you want that to be you just spend more money. you already have half of us beat on the track. or you can remove your twins and do everything possible to fit in stock ....but wait........ mitchel has a truck like that (MILBY) .
[laugh] [/B]
Heeheh... I'm just whining that I have a daily driver that's not considered a daily driver. [eyecrazy] Now that I think about it, I challenge any one of those trucks to a street race. ;)

It's still fun though! I beat the other twined street truck, so I'm happy! Are you coming up to Marysville for Union County Fair Pull on July 30th? If I can get off work, I'll pull there too.

brandon.

halerazor 07-29-2004 09:18 PM

why are you guys complaining? you should be greatful to these guys they have developed alot of performance parts for our trucks that no one else offers. they could have kept all of those parts a secret, but instead they sale them so we can make are trucks better.
none of those guys do it for the money because there is no money in it. they do it for the same reason we do for FUN and bragging rights. mitchell and those guys give us something to shoot at, so go out there and have some fun. Not too many people expect to go out there and beat those guys anyway.