Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Newb injector Q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb injector Q's

The modding (BOMB) bug bit me and I need to quit but I keep reading posts about injector swaps. When you swap injectors are you upgrading anything else in addition or is that it? How much would the upgrade cost? Im trying to decide cost vs. performance. I have removed the muffler and resonator on my exhaust. Installed an AFE stage 2 intake. About to install an Edge Comp tomorrow. Will what I have thus far quench my thirst for performance or are injectors in addition to what I already have top it off? This all started because of some ignorant woman in a Tahoe cutting me off, I couldnt pass her and she pulled away from me and cut me off on the interstate. I want to walk all over some gas buning heap of chevy the next time something like that happens. So here I am...... tell me oh great CTD guru's, what should I do? But keep in mind it has to be reasonable since I am on a budget and have to perform most of the work myself.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:52 PM

You should be able to turn things around on the Tahoe with the Edge Comp alone.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 AM

my advice is burn your computer now or you will be sucked in like the rest of us!!!!!!! power is one of those things you just can't have too much of and you will always want a tiny bit more. if you are going to the comp get some gauges, you sound like you might be right foot heavy and fuel pressure is REAL important to your truck if you think injectors will hurt you wallet buy a new injection pump
Old 02-28-2005, 12:51 AM

I got the gauges waiting to be put in as well, wasnt foolish enough to run the comp w/o gauges. I should have bought a fuel pressure instead of tranny temp though! Oh well....live and learn. New injection pump? Will it increase performance or is it just a failsafe?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:21 AM

I would not tap the wire w/o a fuel pressure gauge and you might want to read this
http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/inject...pfailures.html

you have to understand that fuel pressure and volume are CRITICAL to the life of your IP, if you have any fuel issues, and some lift pumps fail in no time flat, you will suck the pump dry and they are over if that happens