Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   new tire time!!! ??? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/new-tire-time-252846/)

isissound 09-21-2009 09:21 AM

new tire time!!! ???

im looking for a 315 75 R16 that has good mud and snow properties for this winter but also semi quiet what do you all recommend? Im looking at the Mickey Thompson atz, the Nitto tera grappler, pro comp at's, and toyo open country at's, is one better than the other for stopping in the snow and running through the mud. Also does anyone have any other tires that I should take in to consideration?

Thanks

lconner1 09-21-2009 11:02 AM

I have heard good stuff about the bfg's but they only look good on some trucks.

DIESELWRKS 09-21-2009 11:08 AM

procomp extreme at. I will go back to this winter. I had them prior to these. these I currently have have gone 2 1/2 years but have plugs in all tires and some chunking and just no more road manners with the miles on them that I have. the procomps will get you at least 40k out of them. rotate them every 3500 if you can makes a big diff on our weight and tq from the trucks. I havent used them but also heard good things about Mickeythomp AT's but dont know about mileage people are getting.

coon-dog7070 09-21-2009 12:31 PM

a good all around tire is the cooper STT...check the out on their website, i wouldve got them but couldnt pass up the deal on my terra grapplers

Joe Diesel 09-22-2009 06:46 AM

i'm luv'n my Toyo Open Country A/Ts handled better on snow then i thought

high bid 09-22-2009 07:37 AM

cooper tires are on sale @ NTB right now $69/tire regardless of size. I run BFG and have been completely happy 100%. 65psi, even tire wear, minimal road noise and probably the longest life out of any other A/T competitor.

isissound 09-22-2009 09:40 AM

dieselwrks how do you like your mickythompsons in the snow and mud
also coon-dog7070 how do you like your teragrapplers in the snow and mud these tires are going on my truck just for the winter and playing in the mud so i dont mind a little road noise im going to be getting street tires for my truck next summer.

CODODGE2500MAN 09-22-2009 09:41 AM

I love my Wrangler silent armors. 4wheel drive went out last time I was hunting and I was just fine.... they are quiet and have great traction. Of course I got a good deal b/c brother worked at goodyear when I bought them.... Before, I had bfg at's and they seemed to wear much quicker, but that could just be me.... who knows!

DIESELWRKS 09-22-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by isissound (Post 2584210)
also coon-dog7070 how do you like your teragrapplers in the snow and mud these tires are going on my truck just for the winter and playing in the mud so i dont mind a little road noise im going to be getting street tires for my truck next summer.

I'm not buying them again. they have done there job over the last 2 1/2 years but they are to soft of a compound for my truck. when I first got them I had 2 replaced within 6k due to chunking on the rears. they have been fine in the snow and ice when I needed them. going to go to a higher rating tire next.

bigd450 09-22-2009 11:34 AM

I like my ATZ's they got 10K on them and still look bran new. They also work good in every season.

coon-dog7070 10-07-2009 07:33 AM

i love my terra grapplers. down here in NC we dont get much snow but i do go coon hunting and deer hunting often, and they glide over mud on trails and logging roads. gonna try them if we get some snow this winter.

Matt

DIESELWRKS 10-07-2009 04:22 PM

sorry didnt catch this. they are okay better in snow. they are a softer compound everytime I went out to areas with rocks I would have another bite/chunk missing or cracked.