Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New pics and mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ph4tty
guage mount, fuel line, tapped banjo or t fitting, snubber valve
Links for everything except gauge mount? Whats with this guy " "
Old 04-20-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I built my own low pressure setup with an oil pressure sender and a Radio Shack LED. I mounted it into the A-pillar mount next to my guage. Now I use the gauge to measure pre-filter pressure, and the LED to have insurance incase I lose a line between the filter and VP44. The sending unit is a replacement for the BD kit sold on US Diesel Parts. Kind of pricey at $35, but the whole thing cost me less than $40 when it was done. If I had the specs on the oil pressure switch before hand, I could have probably gotten a cheaper unit from O'Reilly or someplace.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by zulusafari
I built my own low pressure setup with an oil pressure sender and a Radio Shack LED. I mounted it into the A-pillar mount next to my guage. Now I use the gauge to measure pre-filter pressure, and the LED to have insurance incase I lose a line between the filter and VP44. The sending unit is a replacement for the BD kit sold on US Diesel Parts. Kind of pricey at $35, but the whole thing cost me less than $40 when it was done. If I had the specs on the oil pressure switch before hand, I could have probably gotten a cheaper unit from O'Reilly or someplace.
Ya I have got a friend that is going to give me a sending unit for free, I just have to get 12v light. That seems like the most obvious way but I keep hearing that mechanical guages are they way to go. Maybe I can decide sometime.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Where'd you get the sub box? debating on putting a box under the whole seat, might look at just one 10" sub box, but don't know who makes just one 10" anyways truck looks clean.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:24 PM

slick setup. i installed the exact same HU about 2 weeks ago. i love it and the center console has the perfect little pocket to hold the remote when its not in use.

like the sub box too...i gotta get on custom fabbing mine up. did you raise your seat any?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by oaborbag
Where'd you get the sub box? debating on putting a box under the whole seat, might look at just one 10" sub box, but don't know who makes just one 10" anyways truck looks clean.

I am not affilated with them:
www.musicmoose.net

Originally Posted by tx_2500
slick setup. i installed the exact same HU about 2 weeks ago. i love it and the center console has the perfect little pocket to hold the remote when its not in use.

like the sub box too...i gotta get on custom fabbing mine up. did you raise your seat any?
My next project is a custom ipod dock and usb slot. I've got a couple of ideas for that

My box didnt require any raising of the seat.

Thanks for the compliments.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:43 PM

O'Reilly's here in Iowa have cheap LED's, if you want to go that route. Since you are getting the sender free, go ahead and install the light AND the guage. Then you have a warning light to help catch your eye when the pressure falls. I used speaker wiring to do the install, as the power draw is very small. I went off an ignition hot and the negative wire connects to the switch like in the BD online instructions for their kit. Was a snap! Since I have the guage pillar, it was easy to drill the hole for the LED next to the guage and fish the wires.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Chapter President

O'Reilly's here in Iowa have cheap LED's, if you want to go that route. Since you are getting the sender free, go ahead and install the light AND the guage. Then you have a warning light to help catch your eye when the pressure falls. I used speaker wiring to do the install, as the power draw is very small. I went off an ignition hot and the negative wire connects to the switch like in the BD online instructions for their kit. Was a snap! Since I have the guage pillar, it was easy to drill the hole for the LED next to the guage and fish the wires.
Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by haloman
Links for everything except gauge mount? Whats with this guy " "
Geno's garage and Dieselmanor have the tapped banjo. If you you went with a t fitting you could pick up everything you need at Napa. Just use 1/8 npt fittings all the way and you won't need any bushings.

T-fitting/ tapped bolt>>>foot of line>>>valve>>>18 inches of line>>>guage

And the rolling smilies just mean I'm happy. A helpful/useful post??!? Whee!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Chapter President

Geno's garage and Dieselmanor have the tapped banjo. If you you went with a t fitting you could pick up everything you need at Napa. Just use 1/8 npt fittings all the way and you won't need any bushings.

Ok got all of that. But whats a snubber valve? Can I just ask for one at Napa?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 PM

I sourced a 1/8" t-handled needle valve from my local hardware store. Cost me $3. they had three to choose from: 1/8 male x 1/8 female; 1/8 male x 1/8 male; 1/8 male x 90* 1/8 female (street). I kept it simple, 1/8 male for both.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Chapter President

I sourced a 1/8" t-handled needle valve from my local hardware store. Cost me $3. they had three to choose from: 1/8 male x 1/8 female; 1/8 male x 1/8 male; 1/8 male x 90* 1/8 female (street). I kept it simple, 1/8 male for both.
Ok I think I got it the needle/snubber valve is to shut the fuel off to the cab in case of leak and to only let enough fuel in to get a reading?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:50 PM

That and to dampen the pulses to the guage. Open it just enough to get a reading.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 PM

I haven't ever had pulsing issues, even with the needle valve full open. I did damage the tubing once, causing a small leak, and turning the valve all the way closed let quite a bit of fuel spray all over me before I had it closed. I open it just enough to get a reading, now, so I can close it quicker if I run into a problem again.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 PM

yeah, ive been trying to find a place to cut a slot for my USB port. right now ive got it run up into the ash tray with my jump drive just laying in the tray.

Quick Reply: New pics and mods