Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

monster VP!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPMs aren't a problem for the TST Comp either. I can understand not needing a timing box stack due to the mods on the pump.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:18 PM

what kind of fuel pump and/or fuel delivery system mods are recomended to run the stage 2? i found a 350 gph fuel pump with a regulator so i can limit the fuel psi thats i little bit cheaper than fass,good idea or just go with fass?

Lane
Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by diesel junkie02
what kind of fuel pump and/or fuel delivery system mods are recomended to run the stage 2? i found a 350 gph fuel pump with a regulator so i can limit the fuel psi thats i little bit cheaper than fass,good idea or just go with fass?

Lane
I doubt enough folks are running these yet to give you much of an answer, however at this level I don't think you'd want to cut any corners. I would think a FASS, Mitusa, Glacier, or a F1 cam and mech pump would be acceptable as they are all pretty well proven.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM

something that will give you 19psi is what I've been told, but that's OK for my truck using -08AN lines fed by an Aeromotive 1000---you really need to talk to the person you're buying the pump from and do what they say---chris
Old 07-11-2007, 04:31 PM

I was asked to give a some info about my aeromotive experiences--

the dates may be a little off, but basically I believe back in July of '01 I punched a hole in the bottom of my tank and installed a -10AN line through a shutoff, aeromotive filter and then to the Aeromotive A1000 pump and then from there I used -08AN up to a Racor filter and Aeromotive regulator and to the VP44 with a -08AN return which tied into the overflow line at the fill neck---I used a 30 amp relay triggered off the OEM lift pump wire to provide power to the Aeromotive pump---

this original pump lasted until the fall of '04 I think it was, although it could've been '05---info is on the TDR and I'll go check and see if I can find it---anyway the pump really wasn't going out it was a ground wire that was loose, but since I had the thing out except for this wire I decided to change out to a new Aeromotive A1000--that pump has been in since the first Aeromotive was removed--which is now my spare-----

I run 19psi and it does a great job of staying pretty much right there and would probably stay there if I adjusted the setting on the SPA guage to read at slower intervals even when hammering it---although it's a little tuff to keep eyes on everything I've never noticed it dropping significantly under any condition except for when it above 85* out and the fuel thins out, then my psi drops--I've seen it get to 13psi, but that's when it's over 100*, but it maintains this so I'm pretty sure it's the fuel thinning---other's have noticed the same thing with their trucks running different pumps---

my stock vp44 died last summer and since then I've been running a Scheid HRVP, but once I get either the stage 2 pump back(it's been sent back) or my stage 3 I ordered back in April arrives I'll be slapping them in with dyno testing for all to see if these things are for real or not----

I'm a big fan of using a relay to your relocated lift pump to supply the proper power and being 100% gravity fed----sorry for the little out of character post here for this thread, but just in case someone wanted to know there's info here what has worked for me------chris
Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey chris thanks for the help on the stage 2 i am now a happy owner of one and in a short while will be slappin it on the truck along with those special turbochargers i was telling you about. i also now have a set of pistons on the shelf and have another set coming for a friend. if he cant pay for them i will call you,give you a screamin deal on them.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 PM

no problem on the pump---let me know if the piston deal falls through and we'll talk--chris