Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Just installed new exhaust !!! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/just-installed-new-exhaust-234037/)

Wicked500R 02-22-2009 04:39 PM

Just installed new exhaust !!!

I got the Diamond Eye 4" 409SS turbo back system for 345 bucks shipped to my door. The install went very smooth. I used stainless band clamps on the connections instead of the regular clamps they supplied. I capped it with a 5" MBRP slash cut tip. The down pipe is VERY close..just about touching some kind of tube on the side of the engine... I don't know what this tube is and if it will be a heat issue with the downpipe...Anyone know what I'm talking about and what that thing is down under the turbo on the side of the engine?

I use to have a stock downpipe into a 3" Flowmaster 40 series exiting before the rear tire...

HOLY SHIZZLE !! whada' difference! My jaw was riding in my lap when I took it for a test drive ! I could NOT believe the power increase stepping up to a full 4" system! I am stoked! Can't wait to get the 0 plate put in tomorrow! [guitar]

LucasB 02-23-2009 12:03 AM

Helps your EGT's is the most important

Red3quarter 02-23-2009 12:24 AM

I have the Diamond Eye 4 inch exhaust staight piped w/ 5" tip but mine is the aluminized one. I've been very happy with it since I put in on a couple yrs ago. It hold up good and sounds alot better than my stock exhaust (minus the muffler) did. I wanna say I rode around with my rear window open for a week after i put the exhaust on my truck, I love how it sounds! I noticed it dropped my EGT's down about 100-150* while cruising.

Now describe the tube. Is it one of the trans cooling lines? They are not too big in diameter, maybe 1/2-3/4 inch on the outside.

98whitelightnin 02-23-2009 12:42 AM

Wow what a deal, were did you get a deal like that?

Wicked500R 02-23-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Blue3quarter (Post 2397324)

Now describe the tube. Is it one of the trans cooling lines? They are not too big in diameter, maybe 1/2-3/4 inch on the outside.

I think it is a coolant line of some sort. Maybe 3/4- 1" diameter. What is that canister type thing on the right side of the engine block under and behind the turbo ? I think it has something to do with that. I am going to investigate further today.

Wicked500R 02-23-2009 08:53 AM

Ok, so it's the trans heat exchanger and it is a coolant line...Hmmmm

Ronco95 02-23-2009 12:03 PM

I remember having to pull a small dent in my downpipe to keep from contacting the line you are describing. I took a torch and rosebud and heated the pipe where I needed the relief. I used a large socket and pressed the socket into the pipe with chanel locks to create the relief.

Please make this mod before you burn something up. It only takes a few minutes and will not leave you on the side of the road cussing your new exhaust.

Good Luck

Ronnie