Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   injectors and chip? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/injectors-chip-239607/)

mttjma2002 04-08-2009 06:38 PM

injectors and chip?

I have a 2001 2500 auto truck with a hypertech chip, 4in exhaust turbo back and that is it. Im about to replace the tranny (btw if anyone suggest a good auto for towing a landscape trailer let me know) but i was thinking about getting 40hp injectors and possibly a smarty. Is this a good idea? I just dont feel like touching the turbo to much but i may have to becuase its leaking :(
Thanks

Dglass89 04-08-2009 06:56 PM

a smarty would be a good choice and id go with some formula one injectors a small set like say 65 hp somewhere around there im not sure what there mach 1's are rated at the

DodgenIt 04-08-2009 08:34 PM

The mach 1's are 65 hp. mttjma fill out your sig under user cp so we know more about your rig.
I believe for your 01 auto you have the hy-35 turbo which is very small and adding too much fuel might damage your turbo/ kill your lift pump. A mild chip is about all you can do before having to add other mods to keep the trucks vitals in the safe zone. Gauges are a must. If your not wanting to upgrade turbos or kill your lift pump, I wouldnt go past an added 110 hp.
Also, I pull up too 15k for landscaping and I love my DTT tranny.
All in all, get gauges.. and small injectors and smarty on a lower setting should work well.

Dglass89 04-08-2009 08:50 PM

a smarty is only rated at 60 hp so i belive you would be fine running it on 9 with mach 1's and a fuel pump " air dog, FASS"

97 D-Tec 04-09-2009 02:48 PM

what do you mean your turbos leaking? oil? or theres a boost leak somewhere?

Mike Holmen 04-10-2009 09:06 AM

bosch 275rv sticks are a good cheap choice. I recommend the edge comp box or ez if you tow. You'll need to put in a brass elbow into the compressor housing. What are you leaking oil or air?

REDNECK-WELDING 04-10-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen (Post 2447894)
bosch 275rv sticks are a good cheap choice. I recommend the edge comp box or ez if you tow. You'll need to put in a brass elbow into the compressor housing. What are you leaking oil or air?

why the comp over say edge juice?

Mike Holmen 04-10-2009 11:06 AM

I've never ran the attutude, never had a reason to say anything bad about it. I read on here that it will limit power to around 40psi of boost. I've only ran the van allen box, ez tow, comp box and drag box. Most of these are the cheaper boxes and can be found easy used if you want to save more bucks.

The redline box with a drag box stack works as well for the guys that want more rpms. The quad box has mixed reviews lots of positives and negatives.

TST has its fans, too. Never ran, I was gonna run it on a dyno and do a back to back, just ran out of time.

Lots of choices, just find the one that works for you. seven years ago, all you could get was the edge or van boxes. I just been running the comp box just about since the truck was new. I guess I don't like change[laugh]

REDNECK-WELDING 04-10-2009 11:11 AM

i have the edge ez and im looking to improve my mileage so im going with the edge juice or comp what ever one will give me more

Sea:\>Drive 04-10-2009 11:33 AM

You will notice a greater improvement in your mileage with your right foot than you will with the difference between an EZ and Comp/Juice. You put a comp or juice on there you'll end up losing mileage when you feel the settings above an EZ and start using them. Trust me![coffee]

Beast2B 04-10-2009 11:45 AM

I get ~1mpg better using my Smarty on level 1 (timing only) than I get with the EZ with the Smarty on 0/2/5/7. It would take a LONG time to justify the purchase price of any equipment for 1 mpg...
Ditto the right foot comment, too!
I am able to run on cruise control at 65mph (mph and odo with GPS) and get 17.5-18 mpg. Also, the cruise control does not surge with just the Smarty on 1. A BIG BENEFIT for freeway commuting. My main caveat to all of this if the combo of turbo/sticks/box will have dramatic changes to what works for you.

DodgenIt 04-10-2009 10:51 PM

I only noticed ABOUT a 1 mpg better dif on any stage with my EZ compared to stock before that, since I upgraded to the Juice and my FASS, as long as im pretty light with my right foot like i was with the EZ ive seen as much as +3mpg around town and about +6 mpg highway around 70.
Also with the push of a button i can murder out the white ricer next to me[laugh]. But mostly take it easy on stage 3 (DRIVE) and love what i get so far.