Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Injector tips (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/injector-tips-133767/)

Black Cloud 01-24-2007 04:54 PM

Injector tips

Has anyone tried the Edge Jammer tips. I was thinking of getting a set of used injectors and then as my wallet and wife allow me buying a set of tips and having them installed. How difficult is it to change out the tips? I'd probably just have a shop do them that way I can have the nozzles tested. Any opinions?

dieselfan 01-24-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Black Cloud (Post 1317768)
Has anyone tried the Edge Jammer tips. I was thinking of getting a set of used injectors and then as my wallet and wife allow me buying a set of tips and having them installed. How difficult is it to change out the tips? I'd probably just have a shop do them that way I can have the nozzles tested. Any opinions?

i m on my 2nd set. they great for the price IMO. i suggest 100hp at least!

solostyle1 01-24-2007 07:35 PM

i just installed 150hp nozzles. Make sure you take your time. I somehow broke the copper seal and had problems. I had to basically go back and do the whole thing over again with new seals. That sucked! Now I think I have a fuel problem. The truck seems to be jumping because of lack of fuel. At idle the truck has 8psi and when i drive it, it drops down to 3psi. I have to figure something out. I

scottsjeeprolet 01-24-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by solostyle1 (Post 1318121)
i just installed 150hp nozzles. Make sure you take your time. I somehow broke the copper seal and had problems. I had to basically go back and do the whole thing over again with new seals. That sucked! Now I think I have a fuel problem. The truck seems to be jumping because of lack of fuel. At idle the truck has 8psi and when i drive it, it drops down to 3psi. I have to figure something out. I

You need to hurry up and upgrade your fuel system before you destroy your VP44. At the very least get a new Campaign Lift Pump from Cummins. Driving your truck like this is like playing Russian Roulette the the VP44.

blackdiesel 01-24-2007 09:07 PM

ive installed several sets of injectors. most of them with jammer nozzles. very easy swap, less than an hour job for me.

solostyle1 01-24-2007 09:07 PM

been there once already...my truck is parked until i get a pump. I was told for the time being i could buy a holley race lift pump and get by for a while until i buy a fass system.

blackdiesel 01-24-2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by solostyle1 (Post 1318327)
been there once already...my truck is parked until i get a pump. I was told for the time being i could buy a holley race lift pump and get by for a while until i buy a fass system.

a holley blue and the stock lp both will push more psi than a fass! sure, it isnt as durable, but gosh, you can buy 6 (yes, six) replacement holley blues for the price on one fass

Rhino 01-24-2007 09:38 PM

If you swap injector tips I would personally spend the extra few bucks and have the injector pop tested before reinstalling them in the truck. JMHO

BCSCUMMINS 01-25-2007 01:07 AM

Have DD5’s have never had a problem . I also have a smooth idle. But have had buddies that have put them in and they made there truck have a ruff idle but ran fine. I don’t think they are the best injector but if you don’t have a lot of $ to spend is the way to go. They will not be flow matched. I am running mine on a JR Adkins 200hp body and 150 tips they are running good but they are still not flow matched good luck..