Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Hydroboost brake swap install

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydroboost brake swap install

I just finished putting a hydroboost system from a 97 ram into my 95 which previously had vacuum assist. a few notes for anyone doing this in the future.

new master cylinder brake fittings are metric, unlike the old one, so try to get the small brake lines that come out of the master cylinder too. I didn't get them so I had to have a shop fab and weld some custom lines.

you can not use the old master cylinder. the mounting holes are different spacing, and im assuming its so they can not be interchanged.

if you pull the can off your steering pump to tig weld some -6an fittings onto it, replace the big O ring, or it will leak. hopefully I didn't warp the resivoir by welding on it. I haven't changed the O ring yet.

don't forget to bench bleed the master cylinder before installing it. it won't work if you don't.

I used to be able to lock up just the rear brakes, now I can lock up all 4 doing 30mph with 41 inch tires on it. definately works much better!! I recommend it!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LanceD
I just finished putting a hydroboost system from a 97 ram into my 95 which previously had vacuum assist. a few notes for anyone doing this in the future.

new master cylinder brake fittings are metric, unlike the old one, so try to get the small brake lines that come out of the master cylinder too. I didn't get them so I had to have a shop fab and weld some custom lines.

you can not use the old master cylinder. the mounting holes are different spacing, and im assuming its so they can not be interchanged.

if you pull the can off your steering pump to tig weld some -6an fittings onto it, replace the big O ring, or it will leak. hopefully I didn't warp the resivoir by welding on it. I haven't changed the O ring yet.

don't forget to bench bleed the master cylinder before installing it. it won't work if you don't.

I used to be able to lock up just the rear brakes, now I can lock up all 4 doing 30mph with 41 inch tires on it. definately works much better!! I recommend it!
Good post. Just found it . Called around today to locate a system. I hope to have the same results.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it works great, only thing is my brake light comes on randomly. maybe because all the original sensors are still in the system? who knows.