Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   which HRVP TO BUY? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/hrvp-buy-119378/)

rollinsmoke 10-08-2006 09:07 PM

which HRVP TO BUY?

I know this question has been asked many of times, but this week i'm goin to buy one but, i'm just not sure on which one to get. SCHIED, INDUSTRIAL INJECTION ???? Which is the best performance , I don't care how it idels just want big power. My truck now is a HO so i'm not gettin the full horsepower from my TST PM3 and they say a HR PUMP will do the trick. Also I saw they have bigger injector lines from the pump to the injector .084 .093 .120 will these help? And I also saw bigger injector connecter tubes .093?? THANKS FOR THE HELP

Ph4tty 10-09-2006 01:05 AM

Well if you're concerned about warrenty once the tst's hooked back up, consider getting one from Blue Chip for the warrenty. I'm guessing you don't give a rat's,... so go Industrial Injections- they have some good HRVP's. As far as I can figure mine was good for around 80 hp with my setup [roll]

Tate 10-09-2006 05:29 PM

When my pump went out last year, I talked to Blue Chip about their warranty. They said they would not warranty the electronics if they can tell there was a wire tapping box on it. After hearing this, I couldn't justify $1600 for a basically stock pump. The warranty policy between II and Blue Chip were basically the same, but you get a 'fedex pump' from blue chip for the same price you get a HR pump from II. Choice is clear. That, and a $1400 core charge![yuk]

This is what they told me over the phone when I talked to them last year, but there have been conflicting reports from other members on here about this. May have just been the guys I talked to.

Iron Horse 10-09-2006 09:23 PM

The only difference between the Blue Chip "fedex" pump, and the standard II rebuilt pump is the paint on the oute side. There is only so much a person can do to a VP and still get it to calibrate on a test stand.

I have a II HRVP on my truck, a set of II Dragon Flows, and a TST Comp, and I am very happy with it.

rollinsmoke 10-09-2006 09:43 PM

what do you mean II hrvp?

Tiger Rag 10-09-2006 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by rollinsmoke (Post 1159970)
what do you mean II hrvp?

II = Industrial Injection
HRVP = Hot Rod VP44

EDIT: whoops forgot you were the original poster, I'm sure you know what HRVP is.

Ph4tty 10-10-2006 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tate (Post 1159553)
When my pump went out last year, I talked to Blue Chip about their warranty. They said they would not warranty the electronics if they can tell there was a wire tapping box on it.

A couple people have posted differently, but I'll take your word for it. Sounds just like II.