Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   HOVP44 injector pump (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/hovp44-injector-pump-240255/)

KennethJ 04-16-2009 08:04 AM

HOVP44 injector pump

Hello everyone!! Well,this is my first thread of probably many in the hopes of becomeing more educated in the world of Horsepower when it comes to the 24v cummins.:o
My first question relates to my injector pump (HOVP44) and my TST-PMax3. My pump is currently off and on it's way to get diagnosed due to my second Holly supply pump going bad!! (Big black as well as the blue) I've just put on the 150 airdog system in hopes of not going through this again!! Anyway,during all this going on with my injector pump,(engine light,codes,engine shutting off,no power at times,etc.),my Tst was acting awful funny.It at one time lost all power all togeather(No lights on box or monitor) and then came back on a bit later but with odd displays. Would my tst have caused any of this with my pump going out or was it my pump causeing the tst to act up is the question I guess I'm asking. Any ideas or similiar experiences?? Thanks,Kenny

johnyb59 04-16-2009 09:55 AM

Call Mark at TST and see what he has to say about his box.

Mopar_Man 04-17-2009 05:34 PM

the holly pumps were never ment to pump diese(so im told from holly & sevral other diesel techs) . I had the same thing happen to me and it took out the injection pump also. I went with the FASS 150 and have never been happyer except I wish i could have stayed with the SO vp44 instead of the HO vp44. You should be set with the Air Dog pump. Good luck.

KennethJ 04-17-2009 09:40 PM

Thanx for the feedback.Just what are U talking about with the SOVP44? Is that the stock pump? If so,why would it be better?? I'm learning here,bare with me. :O)

Dglass89 04-18-2009 05:14 PM

i dont really know if anyone knows the answer to that but take a so truck and a ho truck mod it the same, injectors, turbo, box, and eveytime the so will make better power...

A TST powermax 3 comp version on a SO is 180 HP
" " on a HO is 80 hp
i dont understand but thats what everyone has told me so i belive them

Mopar_Man 04-20-2009 11:34 AM

The SO pump fuels harder on the top end than the HO pump. It will make more overall power. The HO pump fuels harder on the bottom end but does not make the power up top like the SO.

KennethJ 04-20-2009 04:18 PM

Ahhhhhhh,gotcha! Thanks for the info guys!Greatly appriciated.

12valve 04-22-2009 01:36 PM

the holleys that failed on me all failed the motor part, and not the pump.

i dont see how that could have to do with wheater it pumps diesel or gas.

Mopar_Man 04-22-2009 01:39 PM

The way it was explained to me is. Its bec diesel it thicker & harder to pump than gas. But Im only stating what i was told.