EGT Gauge - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EGT Gauge

Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #1  

Talking EGT Gauge

I was just curious if anyone out there has used these gauges before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLK-7...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks for any help...
Low Funds right now.. Dont want to use my comp without a Egt gauge
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #2  

Well, I have never used them and they may work wonderful?

The only thing that really concerns me is that the range is up to 2400 degrees which is not very common for a type K thermocouple. I am not certain what they are using or how accurate it is? Really hard to say unless you buy it and compare it to something.

The other thing that comes to mind is where or how are you going to mount it? If you buy some sort of pillar mount or something else then you might look at this:

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/recon.html

When it is all said and done the above will not cost you much more than the analog single gauge. I know funds are tight, how tight I do not know? The prices on our site are retail and if you shop with the DTR store or one of our many vendors I am certain you can get it for a really good deal! Also for those that have not looked in a while the 2007 pricing is even better than it was for 2006 as the product volume has been on the rise and the more we make the less it costs to produce them.

What you get will be EGT, Boost and OIL temp for your application. Later down the road when you get another small handful of money you can add fuel pressure really easily in place of the oil temp sensor. Then you would have a full compliment of gauges and a pretty strict budget.

Just something to think about. If you end up with that analog gauge you need to report your experience with it!
qzilla is offline   Reply With Quote