Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   edge juice not showing boost (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/edge-juice-not-showing-boost-143777/)

tx_2500 03-27-2007 10:24 PM

edge juice not showing boost

so i finally got around to installing my juice w/atitude today. the install went off w/o a hitch except for one issue. its showing absolutley NO boost on the monitor. the only things i didnt hook up were the tap (later on) and my fuel press (waitin on the sensor) but none of that would have any bearing. truck runs great, no CEL's or anything. ill call edge tomorrow and see what to look for.

i KNOW im getting boost, i can hear the turbo out the pipe as well as some faint whine. and all my boots are tight as i can tell. there is no hissing so i cant have a leak there. truck runs great, so no issue with it reading the map sensor.

on a good note, i found out i have an hx-35 on my auto instead of the hy...boost elbow here i come!!!

ramroamer 03-27-2007 10:36 PM

Do you have the option to show boost on the monitor or is it just not registering your boost pressure?

ellerman 03-27-2007 10:36 PM

Under the sub menu Juice configuration, did you enter the year of the truck that you have after the install? If the Juice is setup for an 01 or 02 truck your boost reading will be off. Eric

tx_2500 03-27-2007 11:40 PM

yeah i guess i should have mentioned those.

it is set up to display and everything, its not registering. and its set up for 98.5-00. which as you can see mine is a 99. i so wish it was operator error haha. it just stays pegged at 0, even if i flat stand on it.

sluggo42 03-28-2007 08:20 AM

recheck your MAP plug...

tx_2500 03-28-2007 09:15 AM

checked and rechecked and pushed further together, wiggled them around, but to no avail. ive searched around all last night, now just waiting for edge to open so i can see what they say.

4RnrRick 03-28-2007 10:04 AM

I'd test the MAP sensor and the factory wire harness for damage.

AllanP 03-28-2007 10:59 AM

I bet they tell you to send it to them for testing. Seems like thats all they ever tell me anyway. :(

tx_2500 03-28-2007 12:40 PM

well, got ahold of them this morn (finally!) and they said to check the data link. i did and its all hooked up tight.

i guess i could go about testing the map sensor, and the wires, but the only thing that dosent make sense with that is the truck worked perfectly before and is still working great after the install. im just not getting it displayed on the monitor. how would i go about testing it, and what are the parameters i should be looking for?

im on the line right now waiting for a tech, we will see what they said after the data link recheck didnt make it work.

and as far as testing/repairs go, they said mine was still under warranty so i dont really care.

tx_2500 03-28-2007 09:20 PM

well, they werent a whole lotta help. the guy was pretty much putting the blame on my map sensor which makes 0 sense. the truck runs in top shape, and if it really saw no boost it would be doggin along with sky high egt's. i would be out testing the wires between the connectors and the main edge connector but the weather had other plans.

he constantly insisted that it wasnt the box but offered to have it checked out. its still under warranty so if i dont find something tomorrow off it goes.

CobraCTD 03-28-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ellerman (Post 1430633)
If the Juice is setup for an 01 or 02 truck your boost reading will be off. Eric

Why is this??? Is it due to an Edge problem or a truck problem??? I would like to think if the programmer is made for an '01 it should work correctly. :confused:

tx_2500 03-28-2007 10:28 PM

the map sensors for the 2001 and 2002 are different than the 98.5-2000. also the parameters are different. he is just saying make sure i dont have mine set up for an 01 or 02 truck since mine is a 99.

all my wires tested fine, and im not gonna go swapping out map sensors till edge tells me my box is good. they can foot the bill on that one.