Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Edge EZ wanted (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/edge-ez-wanted-29229/)

Cumminsdude 07-12-2003 08:36 PM

Edge EZ wanted

Does anyone know where I can get one that is used fairly cheap? Too bad you couldn't buy a new one and if it didnt work then return it because I am afraid it will slip my TC or something, so I wanna try it without having to buy a new one. Can anyone help?

oldroy 07-13-2003 06:33 PM

Re:Edge Easy wanted

I wish that I had done like you intend to do. I bought a new EZ and found out that my clutch will not hold the added torque. I took one short trip with my 5er and found that when the torque comes on at 1600-1800 the clutch will slip in 4th, 5th and 6th gears, >:(seldom slips when driving empty though, just accelerates like mad :) Kinda wish I would have left her stock, adding power looks like a slippery slope [eyecrazy]

Cumminsdude 07-13-2003 07:35 PM

Do you still have your EZ? Would you sell it if u did?

07-13-2003 08:58 PM

&quot;I took one short trip with my 5er and found that when the torque comes on at 1600-1800 the clutch will slip in 4th, 5th and 6th gears,&quot;<br><br>Sure seems to be lots of variation in clutches - my '02 HO with the Comp held quite well until our last trip out with our fiver - at about 15,000 GCW in the hills, I finally managed to slip the clutch in 6th gear at the same RPM's you are having problems with. No great problem - but to get more life outta my stock clutch, will have to drop into 5th and back off the loud pedal a bit - or else turn down the Comp a few notches... ;) ;D ;D

oldroy 07-13-2003 10:52 PM

&quot;Do you still have your EZ? Would you sell it if u did?&quot;

Yes I still have the EZ, took it off because I am in the process of having a synchro brake on 1st gear of tranny that went south replaced by local dealer, didn't want it on there while at the dealer. To answer your question if I would sell it, sure if I were not to take a beating on it. I don't think it will fit your truck though. Others may know more about this than I do, but I believe the plugs are a different configuration. ???

Wilson 07-14-2003 09:36 AM

The 2001 will not work on a 98. 2001 has its own type of harness and you can get an adapter to use it on a 2002 but thats it.

Cumminsdude 07-14-2003 05:19 PM

Re:Edge EZ wanted

How much would you want for it and where can I get the adapter? Thanks

StakeMan 07-14-2003 05:32 PM

You should probably discuss this in a PM or email.

Cumminsdude 07-14-2003 10:02 PM

Good thinking, Does anyone else have a used EZ for a 98.5?