Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EDGE WITH ATTITUDE 31000 Not Working properly...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EDGE WITH ATTITUDE 31000 Not Working properly...

Here is the deal;

• Installed the edge with attitude 31000; (excluding the EGT and transmission sensors-have a manual trans). Including the boost fooler elbow
• Gauges appear to work; Fuel PSI reads 15 then drops as I accelerate – never below 9 not sure if average)
• I’ve tap the fuel line (banjo screw with sensor) at the VP44 fuel entrance. (Purged the lines since I got air in it; running smooth now)
PROBLEM:
When I change the levels; the truck does not seems to respond accordingly (its actually slower than stock), it revs up and engine start heating up (never higher than 75% on stock gauge) but the truck just doesn’t go anywhere., (it moves forward but feels like it weights 20tons)
• I recently installed a repaired clutch (ceramic one) in it, so I guess I need to rule that out…
• Next guess is the VP44 was not tapped correctly since I don’t have the stock one it has 4 wires to tap, (I tapped 2 that were on the same harness closest to the engine)
• I’ve updated the software on the Edge and everything seems ok, it downloaded nicely into the truck…
At the beginning I had a check engine on, and a code P0122 TPS low voltage (I’ve replaced the TPS months ago it was working ok before the edge), after I purged the lines and restarted the truck, check engine disappeared and after I cleared the codes, the code didn’t appear anymore… (I’m guessing the TPS had to re learn the pedal positions since I had the batteries unplug for a day)
What are your thoughts?, should I stop molesting my truck?