Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Dyno'd SMARTY (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/dynod-smarty-96672/)

FarmBoyAggie 03-21-2006 08:32 PM

Dyno'd SMARTY

Does anyone know where I can find some dyno output from The Smarty. I've herd that it puts about 60 hp on the ground, but I'm curious as to where in the powerband it is. I would prefer it down low since my truck is a workhorse daily and a hotrod only on special occasions. Thanks.

Geico266 03-21-2006 08:35 PM

That is where all of the Smarty is down low.

Bob Wagner 03-21-2006 11:45 PM

here is my dyno sheet with Mach 4's and catcher. nice steep climb

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../dyno21605.jpg

FarmBoyAggie 03-22-2006 07:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how The Smarty will compare with a Van Aaken box, as far as how much and where the extra power is. Also does the VA provide timing or fuel or both, I can't really find a straight answer.

Bob Wagner 03-22-2006 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by FarmBoyAggie
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how The Smarty will compare with a Van Aaken box, as far as how much and where the extra power is. Also does the VA provide timing or fuel or both, I can't really find a straight answer.

FBA, there must be a smarty darn close to where you live. best bet is to try it out and decide for your self.

Its a great tool that yuou can feel on YOUR truck.

I am very confident :)

fox128 03-22-2006 09:44 PM

I'm curious as to where in the powerband it is. I would prefer it down low since my truck is a workhorse daily and a hotrod only on special occasions. Thanks.

You would not regret getting a Smarty. HUGE improvement over stock, you can definetely feel it in the seat of your pants. Plus you get to read codes, change speedo/odomometer, a fuel saver mode, and its easy to use. It is night and day pulling trailer on sw9 vs stock, and a blast to drive unloaded on almost any setting. My advice is to order it ASAP! [coffee]

HOHN 03-23-2006 06:58 AM

I didn't dyno, but I've owned the VA and the Smarty and they're not in the same league.

Smarty-- get it and love it.

getblown5.9 03-23-2006 07:51 AM

sorry to hijack the thread but here is a smarty question...

i already have 150hp sticks and a 120hp comp + big single turbo. if i dyno in the 460-480 range on my current set-up(thats what im thinking it will make), then add a smarty, how much of the claimed 60hp will i see on top of the current set-up.

i know its gonna give me alot quicker spool-up, and greater throttle response, but im wondering if its gonna be enough to put in the elite group of 500hp/1000tq trucks :D

duallydave 03-23-2006 09:51 AM

you should easily get to 500,the smarty will act like a drag comp for you and fuel you all the way to 3500rpms,and give you more fuel down low,do you have a secondary fuel pump?with the setup your talking about you may run out of fuel if you dont.try one out on #8 and you will be happy,with my truck with just the injectors and comp and pusherpump i can get the fuel presure to go to 10 psi,with tthe smarty on #8 and comp on full, i see 7 psi wot,so the smarty takes lots of fuel too,with your sticks and comp and smarty you will need lots of fuel.

duallydave 03-23-2006 09:52 AM

sorry didnt read your sig,your fass kit shouldnt be a problem,get a smarty and dyno and let us know

getblown5.9 03-23-2006 10:06 AM

working on it...gotta sell my other stuff first so i have the cash for a smarty

i have tried a smarty on #8 already and i was sad whent he guy had to take it back out after letting me try it. it was an animal. comp on 3x3 from a 40mph roll in 4th gear on dry pavement it started spinning the tires and the axle was hopping so i let out. thats a BAAAAADDDDD combo if it makes an 7600lbs truck break traction from a roll on dry pavement

Diesel-Dan 03-23-2006 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
FBA, there must be a smarty darn close to where you live. best bet is to try it out and decide for your self.

Its a great tool that yuou can feel on YOUR truck.

I am very confident :)

OOO he's tired one....i can vouch for that and about 7 other people!! [laugh]

AggieJustin 03-23-2006 06:37 PM

We'll find out how well it works (again)...mine is on it's way.

If you want to try it out sometime, let me know and I'll give you a heads up when I get close to College Station.

BigBlue 03-23-2006 06:54 PM

Hey justin. You can ship it down to me and I'll be sure that he gets to try it. [whistle]

AggieJustin 03-23-2006 09:07 PM

It's a good thing you already have a Catcher, otherwise I might suspect that it would get loaded in your truck and get "stuck" ;)