Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Durakickedmybutt

Old 06-17-2003, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Durakickedmybutt

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Well I finally had my first race since I installed my Edge and I got spanked!! It was a 2003 Duramax 3/4 ton. He was running an auto and I have a 6-speed with 4:10's so thats my excuse. My truck is otherwise stock, my next bomb will be RV275 injectors. Will I be able to spank a PSD or Duramax with the addition of injectors or will it take more?
Old 06-18-2003, 12:19 AM

Re:Durakickedmybutt

Ya but it never hurts to try. BTW I like the tranny man he a nice kind man. Maybe he will put in a nice strong clutch. When will it end. (probably when I race with my 6-speed and beat a duramax BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAA to you)
Old 06-18-2003, 07:14 AM

I can tell you right now two if you run across a duramax with a hot box it will make you look really slow my dad has one and it isn't a slouch by any means.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:24 AM

Like Gary said : it ain't gonna happen with the 6 shooter or a 5sp. I spend so much time rowing thru the gears, that even a 6.2 w/auto can make me :'( :'( :'( but load em up and I'm all ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 PM

I haven't lost against a DMax or PStroke yet. And there's been more than I remembered to count!

Hint...If from a dead stop start out in 3rd, if already rolling, don't try lugging it up to speed, keep rpms and boost up as your particular setup requires, even if this means downshifting to get going. Practice shifting, practice shifting, and practice some more....don't abuse it, but figure out the hand/foot/force coordination. The six speeds DO shift slow, but not all that slow ;D
Old 06-18-2003, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holycack,
Please don't believe everything that you hear about manual tranny's. I'm not surprised that the Duramax won, he has a lighter truck, as much hp and a fast auto. However, with the proper clutch setup we are building 25 to 40lbs of boost and leaving the line in 3rd gear 4x4 (3.54 rears with both 5 & 6speeds) and winning bigtime. How does 13.22 at 104.5mph with a street driven single turbo 7200lb 4x4 sound? The Mitchell pulling clutch doesn't allow Porche/quick shifting but gets the job done. Leaving from a dead stop is all in technique and setup. Smoking all 4 tires for a 1.6 60ft time is not for the faint of heart and can be hazardous to your pocketbook. Larry
Old 06-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for idea Gary, ;D<br>Now I know what to do with that tank and old 747 sittin' in the back yard.<br><br><br><br>Hey &quot;ricer&quot;, ya wanna run for &quot;Pinks&quot;?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:20 PM

I dunno, I haven't had a PS of DM get the better of me yet on the street. There was a PS with Nitrous and Propane at Englishtown that was going 14.9 and a DM going 14.9 too but with a heavy trailer behind and a long, steep hill in front of the three of us I am guessing the CTD would take 'em to school. Speaking of this &quot;leaving in 3rd gear thing&quot;, I hear that is a great way to snap your input shaft off. Any thoughts from the more experienced drag racers out there? Any techniques/launch RPM? I wanna try but I don't wanna put a new trans in, I just got my SBC in a month ago.<br><br>John<br><br>
Old 06-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Holycack:<br><br>Don't feel too badly about getting beat by that Duramax.<br>I &quot;lined&quot; up with one about two months ago in my new<br>2002 and he beat me pretty good too! I have an 02'<br>SWB 4X4 with an automatic and 3.54 gears. <br><br>I only wish I had been in my 96' when he pulled up next<br>to me but that never happens to me!! <br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 06-19-2003, 12:42 AM

[quote author=John_P link=board=7;threadid=16022;start=0#150948 date=1055995960]<br><br>I only wish I had been in my 96' when he pulled up next<br>to me but that never happens to me!! <br><br><br><br>--------<br>John_P<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yea, that would be a real good race. : <br><br>DB
Old 06-19-2003, 07:19 AM

I have kicked many a duramax butts now but the hotbox one my pops has in no slouch. For clip on mod that thing really works! Anyways I sure put it to him after my DTT install! LOL my dad says my truck is &quot;stupid fast&quot; which is a good thing! Come to think of it letting the ol' daulie hang out down the back stretch is sorta like a freight train outta control! ;D

Search this Thread