Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   DD3's installed (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/dd3s-installed-32347/)

nblack 09-28-2003 10:23 PM

DD3's installed

A HUGE thanks to BigK, Nailbender, and DEZLPWR for coordinating a last minute dual injector swap before the PDR event!! I went from stock injectors to 3's.....WOW what a difference!!! I'm all smiles!!! ;D ;D ;D

One thing I did notice is my fuel economy actually increased with larger injectors. With EZ only and stock injectors I was getting between 16-17 mpg. My first tank with EZ and 3's I got 19.1mpg! :o That tank included playing with the fueling box, the go pedal, making smoke, cruising between 60-80 on the freeway and a dyno run. Is it common to get better fuel economy with larger injectors? I figured it would decrease the way I like to drive.

Nathan

NAIL BENDER 09-29-2003 03:25 AM

Re:DD3's installed

I'm glad you are enjoying them Nathan. ;D Whats next? We need more weekend projects to stack on-top of the other weekend projects. ;D It's always a good time. Keep in touch.

Diesel Freak 09-29-2003 10:01 AM

Nathan, run a few tanks through it....

I saw a drop in milage with my DD3's

When are you getting a turbo to feed those Injectors?

nblack 09-29-2003 01:35 PM

Diesel Freak,
It may be awhile on the turbo. Remember I am a student at this time. Funds aren't as available as they once were. :(

Diesel Freak 09-29-2003 01:37 PM

lol, I remember my college days.

The things you can make using Ramen Noodles! [eyecrazy]

Hired Gun 09-29-2003 02:05 PM

My mileage improved when tag teaming with the boxes.

Hey dont forget cheese and crackers.

BigBlue 09-29-2003 04:27 PM

PB&J sandwiches. [laugh] I'm in college right now and I know what it's like having tight funds. I'm currently working at McDonald's (don't laugh) earning around $100 a week. All that money is going into a savings account that I created just for my truck. Nothing else. ;D

ejb 09-29-2003 07:41 PM

Nblack,what were the numbers on your dyno run?

nblack 09-29-2003 10:03 PM

ejb,
My numbers at PDR were: 381.4/860 which seemed a little low to me. ??? [eyecrazy]

At Diesel Thunder wiith stock injectors I dynoed 344/738

Thank guys for all the helpfull hints on attaining bombing funds. ::) ;D

BigK 09-29-2003 10:33 PM

Been checking for leaks? Any?

Numbers seem a bit low to me, also ???

From the rumors that I hear, we need to get on those fuel system upgrades. [eyecrazy]

I'm gonna need them soon, too ;)

Inside projects are made for winter. Or is it the other way 'round?

Time for some more Aeroquip fittings and SS braid.
Don't tell my wife :o
Got an idea for a pump to try. Looking into it now.

Soon as the rains come en masse.

nblack 09-29-2003 11:35 PM

Eric,
No leaks so far. I've checked several times since Fri. Dry as a bone. 8) Thanks again for your help. :)

As far as numbers go there are lots of variables and differences between Dyno-Jet and Dyno Dynamics. I plan to get back on the rollers in the near future.

I have all the lines/fittings to do the fuel system. Just let me know when. ;D Keep me posted on the pump.

Nathan

tlea7 09-30-2003 05:47 PM

Nathan are you checking your mileage with the overhead console. Not trying to burst your bubble but larger injectors trick to computer into higher reading. Check it manually also.
Tim

nblack 09-30-2003 06:19 PM

tlea,
My truck doesn't have an overhead computer. I figure mpg with a calculator and my speedo is corrected with Tru-Speed. 8)

BigK 10-01-2003 06:55 PM

Don't want to forget to thank Steve and Nathan for keeping us all from dying of thirst or starving 'round here. ;D

I think that Dan, or "brand F" neighbor, got a bit of an eye opening :o :D

My truck, with 275's alone & no boost over stock, edged his "chipped" and similarly configured F, albeit on the SOP-meter. I have less $ in mine, but his blood runs blue, and we're both happy. That's what's important.

Stuff will be happening here soon.

Anyone else up in our area that's interested?

OPIE 10-01-2003 07:26 PM

One thing I did notice is my fuel economy actually increased with larger injectors. With EZ only and stock injectors I was getting between 16-17 mpg. My first tank with EZ and 3's I got 19.1mpg! :o That tank included playing with the fueling box, the go pedal, making smoke, cruising between 60-80 on the freeway and a dyno run. Is it common to get better fuel economy with larger injectors? I figured it would decrease the way I like to drive.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I was told and it has been my experience when running DD3's and larger injectors to consider the use fuel additive to help keep them from carboning up. After I ran mentals for one season they seemed to run like DD2's and yes I varified this with 1/4 mile times. After taking them out and having them cleaned the following weekend the truck was back to normal track times.