Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

3k gsk install

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3k gsk install

1995 dodge 3/4 auto, 4" exhaust, intake, fuel plate. Do you think I should install 3k gsk? Is it hard to do? This is my towing rig. Thanks
Old 10-11-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Absolutely you should. I was amazed by how much more top end power this enabled. Before, the injection pump would start de-fueling around 2500 RPM or so and there was virtually no power to be had above 2500. After the 3K GSK install, I could get full, or very nearly full power up to and beyond 3K RPM. You will be thrilled you did it. As for difficulty, the instructions I got were quite good and I followed them exactly. Take your time, being careful when you extract the old springs and nuts and install the new ones and you should have a successful install. BTW, I've used my 97 for towing numerous times and will tell you the extra top end power has come in handy, especially when trying to accelerate up an inclined hi-way and needing to use a lower gear before getting to speed where you can use your high gears. Good luck and enjoy the new found power.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockyhud
Absolutely you should. I was amazed by how much more top end power this enabled. Before, the injection pump would start de-fueling around 2500 RPM or so and there was virtually no power to be had above 2500. After the 3K GSK install, I could get full, or very nearly full power up to and beyond 3K RPM. You will be thrilled you did it. As for difficulty, the instructions I got were quite good and I followed them exactly. Take your time, being careful when you extract the old springs and nuts and install the new ones and you should have a successful install. BTW, I've used my 97 for towing numerous times and will tell you the extra top end power has come in handy, especially when trying to accelerate up an inclined hi-way and needing to use a lower gear before getting to speed where you can use your high gears. Good luck and enjoy the new found power.
Thank you, I will get it done
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Rockyhud pegged it exactly. On my '98 12V trying to get up to speed when merging onto a highway while towing was a pain. Being able to rev higher before de-fueling made all the difference. You won't be sorry.