Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bio Diesel Svo/wvo Converters

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bio Diesel Svo/wvo Converters

Ok Fuel just hit 2.79 so any one have any expierence with wvo/svo in a vp truck? I really like the way mine runs but it is gonna be seein' a lot more driveway time as fuel goes up. I have seen guys runnin' the Greasel setup but I am curious if the vp will puke or not? anyone try either of these? The U of Montana has a canole powered 95 or 96 and they dyno it at western states Cat with good results and great reliability, but once again...the vp??????
Old 03-08-2005, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless you run a lot of miles, WVO (Greasel) is a waste of time. You have to start up on diesel, switch to SVO, then back to diesel about 5 minutes before shutdown. If you make short trips, you never get to switch to WVO. Besides that, I hear SVO leaves a lot of deposits behind. Not sure how the VP would like it.

I have a few friends that are taking WVO and makeing biodiesel out of it. A time consuming process, but they figure a cost of about $.50 per gallon. I am seriously considering starting doing this at home in the near future. $2/gallon is killing me. It is an excellent cleaner as well as lubricator. The VP would not have a problem if the WVO was properly converted to bio.