Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/)
-   -   Beat by a Chevy! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/performance-accessories-2nd-gen-only-91/beat-chevy-53573/)

z1bigtom 10-26-2004 09:28 PM

Beat by a Chevy!

Well raced a new Duramax tonight kinda rolling start, but he won.

If my trans didnt take 3 yrs to shift from 1st to 2nd i probaby would have hung in there but he pulled right on his shift. It was real easy to tell........

U can see what i have in my sig, but the wire isnt taped and box was on 5x5.......

I hung right about the center of his truck he never gained anything else......

Did it do ok?

Need that convertor and DTT would have done him in i'm sure......

They are what 300hp?

So where would that put mine at?

Turbo Deeezle 10-26-2004 10:28 PM

Dude....... don't admit to that in public !!! [eyecrazy]

Barry Smith 10-27-2004 03:29 AM

Tap the wire before you make us all look bad!:D

[EDITED BY ADMIN]

bluebull 10-27-2004 07:39 AM

ON a 99 auto without the wire tapped and box on you would be some where around 230-250Hp at the rear wheels, all depends on how stronge the truck is stock. I have seen the 99 auto any where from 170-190 at the rear wheels.

The comp without the wire tapped is about the same as an EZ.

Considering the year and what you have you did very well.

A different transmission with the mods you have probably is not going to make you go any faster, it will only help once you tap that pump wire, then it will make you smile.

rharveysr 10-27-2004 08:54 AM

Then drop in a set of DDII's or something along that line or even a set of Mach 1.5's...and you will really :D :D :D :D ..

Transmission first though or you will be:eek: :eek: :eek:

Check the my signature of my wifes 2k... Durawhats dont stand a chance..

RowJ 10-27-2004 09:24 AM

Z1

The DTT was the first mod I did...and it made a big difference! I think your right...that would have been enough to take him. May or may not show up on dyno but the increased responsiveness is amazing.

RJ

justinp20012500 10-27-2004 04:07 PM

Re: Beat by a Chevy!

Originally posted by z1bigtom
Well raced a new Duramax tonight kinda rolling start, but he won.

If my trans didnt take 3 yrs to shift from 1st to 2nd i probaby would have hung in there but he pulled right on his shift. It was real easy to tell........

U can see what i have in my sig, but the wire isnt taped and box was on 5x5.......

I hung right about the center of his truck he never gained anything else......

Did it do ok?

Need that convertor and DTT would have done him in i'm sure......

They are what 300hp?

So where would that put mine at?

Kinda hard to play with those guys...

You probably didn't know if he had anything done. I think the "Durawhats" run pretty good the way they are stock.

I agree, I don't know if you could of taken him with just the EZ. Tap that pump wire (of course using a blue chip pump cover) and you will fair much better. O ya through a lock up switch on there too. That will cut about 2 tenths of a 60' time.

z1bigtom 10-27-2004 05:03 PM

Ok well i feel better now........Well wire was taped and my VP44 crapped out on me....So new unit installed they didnt tap wire to avoid losing my warrenty from Bosch.....

That being said i will leave alone for a while then add more in future....

fearthedeere 10-27-2004 07:33 PM

Ya moms got a "duraturd" that sucker moves and its still stock. ive takin down a couple people in it. i miss drivin it for its speed the ole cummins cant quite keep up :) im workin on it though

4doogie 10-27-2004 08:48 PM

I think duracrap has the highest amount of power that can be added with a chip, so that means just a chip and they can go fast. I looked over at banks site and there saying there chip can go 155 more hp. that + 300 stock hp = 455hp :eek: that a lot

ramtd02 10-27-2004 11:04 PM

dont forget the allison will lock up in 2nd...so they got that on us....Plus with the 5 spd...there 1st and 2nd can be s a little shorter.....so they got that on us 4 speeders.

Rganser 11-03-2004 07:55 PM

C'Mon guys, quit complimenting the competition!!!!:D :D

willysrule 11-04-2004 02:21 AM

don't forget that your running 35" tires with 3.54:1 gears....that is also killing some of your "off the line" speed....;)

jughead 11-04-2004 06:50 AM

i just dont understand:confused:

CTD NUT 11-04-2004 11:51 AM

Originally posted by jughead
i just dont understand:confused:
Don't understand what?