Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

any ideas of how to mount stack with hard tonneao cover?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any ideas of how to mount stack with hard tonneao cover?

was thinking of doing it like guys do the hood stack butif its in the front ots going to hit the cab when it opens. then I thought in the rear of the bed and short, but not sold on it yet.
any ideas?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

slide the bed back 6 inches, and run the stack between the bed and the cab? or a classic, front hood stack, straight outa the turbo !
Old 12-11-2008, 11:55 PM

ive got a shortbed and i thought about doing the same thing with a hard bed cover just have to find a good black bed cover thats around my area first
Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 AM

This might be a long shot but if you could get one custom made, you move the hinges up to infront of the stacks. have a hard section where the stack are that is connected to the bed with holes in it for stacks to go through. then the hinged part can be connected to the previous part and hing infront of the stacks so they would not interfior with the cover. you might make one out of a regular tonneau cover if you got some fabricating and body work skills. might be able to market it if u make one!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by olwhitey
This might be a long shot but if you could get one custom made, you move the hinges up to infront of the stacks. have a hard section where the stack are that is connected to the bed with holes in it for stacks to go through. then the hinged part can be connected to the previous part and hing infront of the stacks so they would not interfior with the cover. you might make one out of a regular tonneau cover if you got some fabricating and body work skills. might be able to market it if u make one!
this is exactly what I have been thinking. hinging right after the stacks and adding a couple clamps to the rails to hold it together. Im going to save this for last resort, although cutting it in half and cutting a 8" hole in it are probably about the same.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 PM

i think if u make one with the stationary peice where the stakcs are and put the hinges after the stacks, it would be slick lookin. how do u plan on sealing around the stacks if u cut an 8" hole?
Old 12-13-2008, 07:18 AM

well if I hings the front Ill seal it with weatherstripping. I figure an 8" hole for a 7" stack
Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I know I'm doing stacks eventually so I bought a soft Access Roll-Up cover. And it works perfectly with my stacks! Soft one is also much better for our rides than hard one. I can still transport high objects what you can't do with hard one and I can roll my cover up open in a second.

Check my stacks here:
http://kuvablogi.com/blog/9142/3/

The 10 last pictures.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

They use to make hard covers with a solid part in the front of the bed. I use to see them alot on old man trucks. Most of them had chevy,dodge, ford written on them on each side right behind the cab. Not sure of which cmaper manuf made them, Think it was the same company that made the excalibur camper covers.

Originally Posted by olwhitey
Old 12-13-2008, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Measure twice and cut once!!