Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Allison tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe32
my tranny programming is almost the same as daves. I don't have any of the problems that he describes. Opie, if you doubt that it shifts great, fly on over and check it out first hand. On another note, the other trannies I have done, the people don't even hardly get on the internet. The only reason why I got the business is they saw my truck firsthand and saw it pull. I guess that speaks enough for itself.
Gabe,

You might not notice the lockup issue while towing because you have 4.10s. As for the other guys not having my problems, do they have all tow/haul, & OD lockout? Maybe they don't tow? Regardless, going up a hill unlocked is no fun.

Look, I'm not trying to whine. Most of the time, the tranny shifts great. The light throttle 1-2 shift and clunking into 1st aren't a big deal. The TC lockup issue is only a problem because I don't have tow/haul and OD lockout. If I wasn't towing, I wouldn't have a problem, but now I have a trailer, so its a big deal. Also, if I try to use 4-low right now, the tranny will not shift right because it will get confused by the transfer case reduction.

I thought this was going to all be taken care of quite some time ago. So for now, I'm still patiently waiting.

Dave
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Got a package from Brayden today! Thanks. Hopefully, I can have him walk me through the switch setup and I can try everything out this weekend.

Dave
Old 10-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by OPIE
Isn't Dave a customer of yours? If so why isn't his shifting as good as yours?

Fly on over there and check it out? Rigggghhht, I think the likelihood of that one is going to be right up there with seeing you post your 750 hp dyno sheet. However, I have no problem with meeting up with Dave somewhere as he resides in Washington. But then again you are saying that his is an isolated case. Too bad none of your other customers "don't even hardly get on the internet."
How much power do you think my truck makes oh wise Opie? Oh yeah you wouldn't have a clue because you know nothing of what has been done to my engine. It is too bad none of my other customers get on the internet. There is a guy from PA coming tomorrow to take a ride and I will have him get on here and he can post his conclusions. I don't even know why I bother bickering with you, you don't even build your own trannies? Why? Are you afraid you will screw it up? I don't know what dave wants. I guess he wants his dodge to shift like a caddy...I don't have any of his problems nor does anyone else. Draw your own conclusions!