Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Surge Updates

Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Lent
I figured some things out with this surging issue .... I was getting surging at 3/4 throttle, very rough surging, hard to drive around. I downloaded the 1000 file & drove around for a day. I then loaded the comp file [not comp1] & the surge was completely gone, smooth as glass. .... I found that my box just needed reset or something.....
Just tried it and........... IT WORKED!!!!
I was in a "happy for you, J Lent...but" mode because I have an auto w/ big injectors. Expected less results.

Yeterday on ADR1000 from 2/13/08. Switched to Comp this am. No surge down to 1500 rpm, w/ OD locked out.... around town.
On Hwy in OD, no surge above 1700 rpm.
Cruise control usable at 70 mph up to PL05.

Can once again, daily drive with some reserve power in the throttle. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final test will be when we return to 90*+ days. All tunes surge less, for me, at cooler temps. Today we are only in the low 80's.

RJ
Old 09-11-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which 1K tune? I have some from February, March, and the ROWJ_ tunes.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
Just tried it and........... IT WORKED!!!!
I was in a "happy for you, J Lent...but" mode because I have an auto w/ big injectors. Expected less results.

Yeterday on ADR1000 from 5/21/08. Switched to Comp this am. No surge down to 1500 rpm, w/ OD locked out.... around town.
On Hwy in OD, no surge above 1700 rpm.
Cruise control usable at 70 mph up to PL05.

Can once again, daily drive with some reserve power in the throttle. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final test will be when we return to 90*+ days. All tunes surge less, for me, at cooler temps. Today we are only in the low 80's.

RJ
Hate to say I told you so. Nobody wants to listen to the fat kid, but this time, the fat kid is right. I never got a responce from Quad about my findings, guess he thinks I'm full of it too.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Which 1K tune? I have some from February, March, and the ROWJ_ tunes.
I'm not sure of exact date, but it was from 4/15/08 or somewhere around there.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Which 1K tune?
Sorry.. ADR 1000 I used was created 2/13/08. Believe it's the very first one? Date listed above (5/21/08) was a "file modified" date.
Made correction above.

Got to love it! Doing a 'Frontal Lobodomy' on the Adrenaline box works!

RJ
Old 09-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Mind posting that file up? TIA.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Using a tune that old doesn't disable some of the pulse functions? I thought only some of the newer tunes had the 'custom tuning' functionality??

Confused.... Out to try the new 1000B here shortly
Old 09-11-2008, 12:55 PM

What's so confusing? We've had problems in the past that re-downloading a tune cured. This could be similar........... or not??
LTFKS.......... (like the fat kid said).... It works!

RJ
Old 09-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Just loaded up "ROWJ_PROD_WU170_HI.exe" that was made/sent out on 4/2/08. As I remember, some of the features (like TT) don't work HOWEVER the file has zero surging for me. Cruised in 3rd lock-up at 40-50 with no surge, and 55-75 with no surge.

The only thing I did notice is that on PL10 on the highway the cruise is constantly correcting itself. So what I observed yesterday may have been the same thing, but the "fast" surging that I experienced that shakes the truck was still true.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:14 PM

So if i bought my adr a few days ago what tune would be on it now? Some modified version of the 1000?

Just to be clear you guys are saying if I were to download a version of the old 1000 tune, drive it for a day, then download the Comp tune J lent has It should work?

If thats correct would anyone be willing to email me the two tunes i just mentioned so I can give it a try?

***One question thou, will that comp tune work on a truck thats all stock other than FASS and intake/exhaust mods?

Thanks for the help guys, I know I'm a newb here so bear with me
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrraw23
So if i bought my adr a few days ago what tune would be on it now? Some modified version of the 1000?

Just to be clear you guys are saying if I were to download a version of the old 1000 tune, drive it for a day, then download the Comp tune J lent has It should work?

If thats correct would anyone be willing to email me the two tunes i just mentioned so I can give it a try?

***One question thou, will that comp tune work on a truck thats all stock other than FASS and intake/exhaust mods?

Thanks for the help guys, I know I'm a newb here so bear with me
Just go to Quads site, the comp files are under beta. Free to download.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Just go to Quads site, the comp files are under beta. Free to download.

Yea but what about the older version of the 1000 file you said we had to download first to get the programmer to "reset" itself like you said to fix it?

I'll go check out the beta section, was looking at the update section for 1000 previously, guess thats why in all the threads here i saw people talking about the downloads I couldn't find on the site
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jrraw23

I'll go check out the beta section, was looking at the update section for 1000 previously, guess thats why in all the threads here i saw people talking about the downloads I couldn't find on the site
What I was thinking. Rather than having to pm it to everyone, would someone be willing to put it up on putfile.com or the like so everyone can try it out (the old 1k file). Otherwise, if someone wants to pm or email it to me (braxton_357 @ yahoo.com) I would be glad to post it for all.
I'm as interested in finding a fix for this as anyone and it sounds like you're on to something J lent.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by braxton357
What I was thinking. Rather than having to pm it to everyone, would someone be willing to put it up on putfile.com or the like so everyone can try it out (the old 1k file). Otherwise, if someone wants to pm or email it to me (braxton_357 @ yahoo.com) I would be glad to post it for all.
I'm as interested in finding a fix for this as anyone and it sounds like you're on to something J lent.
I recived the file and its the same one thats still on the web site. Its in the 1000 not beta. it is 1000 with no added features.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ahire
I recived the file and its the same one thats still on the web site. Its in the 1000 not beta. it is 1000 with no added features.
Actually, I tried the one from the website & it didn't work. Then I tried the one I sent you & it did. It could have possibly been a bad download the first time out & worked the second time? All I know is that I'm not downloading anymore tunes, this one is sweet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adrenaline Surge Updates