Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I'm waiting for the refined Comp tunes Nike. You'll understand when you have as much money tied up into your truck as a bunch of us here at the DTR do. I have a Dyno day in March to try to make it to....
I know, I'm just poking fun. I probably wouldn't be running this tune either with a my stock HY. I've got alot of money and time wrapped up in this 24v and as my twins list gets longer.... welll you know..
Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting for the refined Comp tunes Nike. You'll understand when you have as much money tied up into your truck as a bunch of us here at the DTR do. I have a Dyno day in March to try to make it to....
A little more money won't hurt, you called me cheap?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:52 PM

I know you were kidding around Nike. Cheap, I'm on my second motor = way too much money!!! Well, you play, you pay...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:58 PM

ran this eriler in my buddys truck and i didnt notice much if any shuddering and it strait up halled it was a great time! and i liek how the turbo time is set up with this tune probly a good idea...
Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

I know you were kidding around Nike. Cheap, I'm on my second motor = way too much money!!! Well, you play, you pay...
I understand believe me, just pulling your chain.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JLent, that is a lot what my tranny looked like when it starting making noises when towing down hill letting the engine do a little compression braking and then driving another 60 miles never letting off the throttle so it wouldn't grind.

All of my teeth were not ground off though, just most of them with a few major chunked out teeth remaining. My mechanic felt that mine looked like a lack of lubrication for some reason or another, although he said it looked full.

I now run 1 extra quart of syn torque, poured in from the cab, 30 min job to overfill it.

It's amazing you did it in a matter of seconds. Someone told me 3rd gear was the toughest one.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

yea that damage to the teeth has nothing to do with the shuddering and shock loading to the drivetrain...just all out raw HP sheared them off
Old 02-18-2008, 01:23 PM

I don't know about shock loading. Looking at the carnage makes me wonder if the clutch pedal slipped out from under his foot or if he was saying hold on and watch this.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:15 PM
JIT

Son of a %^&$... I just sent my box back to Quad for the update! Atleast I dont have a pull for 2 more weeks. I would love to try this tune out on the sled! I still have two questions...

1) When do we get the Commanders?

2) What is Phase 3?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
yea that damage to the teeth has nothing to do with the shuddering and shock loading to the drivetrain...just all out raw HP sheared them off
Maybe it was shock loading over time, couldn't tell you. I never noticed any problems with the tranny before this happened though. That is kinda wierd that all the teeth happened to break off at the same time like that, isn't it? You'd think that the shock loading idea would have broke a tooth at a time. Right?
Originally Posted by ScottGregory
I don't know about shock loading. Looking at the carnage makes me wonder if the clutch pedal slipped out from under his foot or if he was saying hold on and watch this.
Clutch pedal didn't slip out, I was at 30 mph & punched it. As soon as the turbo lit, I heard snap! bang! I drifted to the side of the road right away. The rest of the grinding to the teeth was from loading/unloading the truck.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:38 PM

So the answer is "hold on a watch this!".
Have to hate the snap and bang as it is never good.

When it comes to shock loading, if you starting from a dead stop I would agree that it could only be a couple of teeth, however if you were moving, most likely one tooth broke and then the rest of the teeth crashed because they were out of mesh. In that case the stronger gear wins. You may also want to look real close at the bearings.
My opinions are based on industrial gear boxes not auto transmissions so take them for what they are worth.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

So the answer is "hold on a watch this!".
Have to hate the snap and bang as it is never good.

When it comes to shock loading, if you starting from a dead stop I would agree that it could only be a couple of teeth, however if you were moving, most likely one tooth broke and then the rest of the teeth crashed because they were out of mesh. In that case the stronger gear wins. You may also want to look real close at the bearings.
My opinions are based on industrial gear boxes not auto transmissions so take them for what they are worth.
I'm also having the bearings replaced, I'd never put a tranny back together without them. I will agree that it could have been shock loading that caused the break. With that comp tune, my turbo hits so hard & that is what led me to think it was the box. The shuddering isn't there unless I hold a steady throttle & I wasn't at that time.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:02 PM

My thought on the bearings is did one fail allowing the gears to lose full engagement.

Back on topic, I look forward to seeing this box completed. Like others, I wish I could have made the beta phase. Seems to have a huge amount of potential. My Edge is getting old
Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

My thought on the bearings is did one fail allowing the gears to lose full engagement.

Actually the bearings were still in great condition. The endplay was also in spec.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:32 PM

I agree, I'd say it was probably one tooth that broke off, and then the rest followed. Still, its mighty impressive

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes