Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that is a little nuts to stick that file on the truck with a STOCK AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Well, at least you know it hits hard!

I have 2 files we are working on.

1.) For auto trucks, it will be much less off/on with the throttle
2.) For manual trucks, it will be pretty dang snappy but, the manual trucks do not seem to surge as bad.

Both are much more refined than the original.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
J_Double, I have a special file for you though.

PM sent. As soon as I get the file I'll load her up!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...I have 2 files we are working on.
2.) For manual trucks, it will be pretty dang snappy but, the manual trucks do not seem to surge as bad.
I assume you have considered most scenarios.... but for my automatic, if doable, a production tune that ramped up the fueling to Comp levels at say...2400-2500 rpm would be usable everywhere. Street, Track and Dyno!
I can daily drive all day and never see those rpm's. JMO.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Thats a good idea. Make it fuel like the agressive tunes until 2400, then all hell breaks loose.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigB82789
Thats a good idea. Make it fuel like the agressive tunes until 2400, then all hell breaks loose.
I agree 100%, I don't need any more bottom end. Those input shafts can get pricey. I am tearing the tranny out in the morning & sending it to Peter on Monday for the 1 3/8" shaft.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
Not downing the adrenaline because its obviously working out for some guys but I guarantee the input on a 5-spd doesnt break from just too much HP going to at your level, especially at 30mph where it could break the tires loose...but that shaft was damaged slightly on one of you previous runs down the road with the bad surging and weakened it and the last time you hammered on it is all it could take.

Hope you get a 1-3/8" upgrade and get it back together.
Possibly the shaft just got weak, but if you tried this tune, you would think it was the Adrenaline also. Drag comp don't have nothing on this box. I can't wait to hear dyno numbers with the comp tune. Good work quad!!!!

P.S., I'll have it back together next week, Don't stop tuning until you could twist my frame.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 PM

It would be cool to see someone lift a wheel like those semi's racing with trailors.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Yeah, that is a little nuts to stick that file on the truck with a STOCK AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Well, at least you know it hits hard!

I have 2 files we are working on.

Both are much more refined than the original.
How are these files coming Quad??
Old 02-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Banned

Well guys, I was wrong, it wasn't the input shaft. It was third gear, teeth broke off clean on the counter shaft gear & luckily only took out third gear on the main. Attachment 19831Attachment 19832

Attachment 19833
Old 02-16-2008, 07:29 PM

WOW.
That looks like it hurt. Your heart had to hick-up a little when you saw carnage so severe. Your ''not so cheap'' billet shaft just turned into a very expensive new gear box.
Well, I guess I want one of those Quad A.'s even worse now. Though my tranny may hate me for it later.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by -JD-
WOW.
That looks like it hurt. Your heart had to hick-up a little when you saw carnage so severe. Your ''not so cheap'' billet shaft just turned into a very expensive new gear box.
Well, I guess I want one of those Quad A.'s even worse now. Though my tranny may hate me for it later.
The fix don't look to expensive, nothing was hurt except 3rd gear. I am ordering a counter shaft & 3rd gear on monday. It is weird that the gear just split the teeth clean like that on the counter shaft.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Just tried the ADR_COMP_BETA.exe and there is really bad shutter at 1/2 throttle and when there is a gear change also under wot when you let off, it feels like it want's to rip the tranny out. This was on pl10, it's not as bad on lower settings. Boost was good, max was 45 and egt's went to 1550 under wot, but very manageable under normal driving conditions. On the top end it feels like it looses some power, there is no difference from 3/4 to full throttle. Glad nothing broke. A little more tweeking and this tune will be sweet. Good job Quad!!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:38 PM

Im suprised there arnt more people trying this tune.

A couple of broke trannys and everyone tucks tail and runs?

haha... Im just playin. heck, I dont even have one yet.

Now, the question I have:

Is this phase three? Does the public know what that is yet?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:45 PM

The only reason I haven't given it a shot is because the roads here a way too treacherous right now because of all the snow we've had lately, and the fact that I don't have the twins in yet and I can already peg the pyro with the aggressive tune on level 10.
mishkaya
Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by nike
Im suprised there arnt more people trying this tune.

A couple of broke trannys and everyone tucks tail and runs?

haha... Im just playin. heck, I dont even have one yet.

Now, the question I have:

Is this phase three? Does the public know what that is yet?
I'm waiting for the refined Comp tunes Nike. You'll understand when you have as much money tied up into your truck as a bunch of us here at the DTR do. I have a Dyno day in March to try to make it to....

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes