Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valve springs are a must have... dropped valve = lotsomoney
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Before you guys go straight to a dyno with this, lets at least do some road testing where you can.

There is plenty of room for more if your trucks have the fuel supply. We might want to be changing some stuff over the next couple of days. I just really do not have the truck to be doing this with!!!!

The clutch it PO'd at me right now and I have the little turbo wastegated to 44psi which is not helping me either.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 AM

Ghack!!!!! I'm so IN!!!! the head is off my truck right now so I'll be next week type thing to run this bugger, but I'll run the **** flat out. I've got lots of fuel lots of air and a clutch that'll "probably" hold it
Old 02-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got it loaded & heading out the door right now, let you know how it works when I get home tonight. Thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I got it loaded & heading out the door right now, let you know how it works when I get home tonight. Thanks
Or, ya know, on your lunch break?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Before you guys go straight to a dyno with this, lets at least do some road testing where you can.

There is plenty of room for more if your trucks have the fuel supply. We might want to be changing some stuff over the next couple of days. I just really do not have the truck to be doing this with!!!!

The clutch it PO'd at me right now and I have the little turbo wastegated to 44psi which is not helping me either.
If you need a truck to play with let me know and I'll make the trip down to Ft Worth on Tues or Wed... Maybe commanders will be ready as well!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by tex23455
Do we need to do anything special to our trucks to let it fuel to 4k?
As mentioned... HD valve springs are a must, IMO, above 45 psi or above 3400 rpm!

Have seen too many pistons with valve impressions on the rim to feel safe othewise. The Cummins is tough, and very few have seen permanant damage, but this is not a subject to take lightly. If stock not much point in trying higher rpm's anyway. The power just isn't there, IMO.

For anyone interested - excellent quality, heavier valve springs available HERE

RJ
Old 02-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, first I want to give a disclaimer!!!!!

This is only recommend for the people that understand the dangers of pushing the limits of your trucks.

I am going to post a link of a Comp tune. It is WICKED but, not refined at all.

I need some alternate input because on our truck it fuels straight to 4K hard all the way but, it will kill it sometimes. I am not sure if this is something to do with our particular truck or something I am doing wrong with the Adrenaline itself.

If some of you guys want to give it a crack let me now how it works.

Ok aside from the fact that it fuels WAY past redline, we made some other changes.

First, it fuels much sooner and does so much harder. It smokes a lot more and we changed the timing up to compensate.

The max fuel stretch is also now greater than before. You may or may not run the VP44 solenoid dry??? You might try lower levels and find out where you run out of fuel now.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...te_98-02b.html
I tried this just a little while ago and the truck is undrivable on anyting above PL04. There's just so much stumbling I can't get to WOT. It's worse than how it acts with the "Aggressive" files on your site. I then tried a "non-aggressive" file for the first time (ADR1003) and this is really the only tune that I can actually take it to WOT without stumbling to bad.

Just curoius, but do you have any beta testers running a Monster VP? I would be curious to know if thats going to be the magic recipe for those that are running 240+hp injectors to compliment the Comp and Aggressive tunes. If not, I can send it to a buddy who's putting down 800+hp on fuel with one of these pumps just for S's & G's.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

As J Double said, it shutters really bad at light throttle & stumbles after a hard run. I ran it on PL10 & as long as I was giving it fuel...it was gone! As soon as I let off, it would stumble. I talked to Justin & he said that you were aware of the issue & will fix it soon. I was impressed with the way it ran on the way to work, but hated the drive home. I SNAPPED MY INPUT SHAFT! Had to throw the truck on the trailer & my brother hauled it home for me. Guess I gotta fix the truck this weekend. WOW! is this tune aggressive.

P.S. Anyone have a input shaft?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 PM

Billet input? What were you doing to cause it? Wow.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigB82789
Billet input? What were you doing to cause it? Wow.
Stock input. I was driving on 119 about 30mph & punched it.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Stock input. I was driving on 119 about 30mph & punched it.
If the input went, it probably took out a lot more parts as well.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM

He has a 5 speed so I think he's alright.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigB82789
He has a 5 speed so I think he's alright.
You're right. I just assumed he had a slush box like myself.

--BACK ON TOPIC--

So I guess no one else tried the new tune out?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:05 PM

Ya, he'd a snapped it on an auto along time ago..

Quick Reply: Adrenaline Comp Beta Tunes