Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   your opinion, song "Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer" (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/your-opinion-song-pretty-good-drinkin-beer-278930/)

04ctd 10-15-2010 03:01 PM

your opinion, song "Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer"

what kills me, is most guys I know are hard core. they can do, will do, over achieve. GIT SUM! is their motto.

Even JWBM is a monumental overachiever (ever seen her boat?)

i guess this song talks about being a useless peice of crap (like a katrina victim) like it is a good thing.

i know a guy matches this song perfect: married the purtiest girl in town, and beats her up all time. gave her a tumor/concussion deal, she had to cut her hair short because it was too heavy when she washed it, and gave her migraines. he got on disability, and he's beat her enough she's on disability now.

he's JUST LIKE what this song describes: useless, except for....drinking beer.

BILLY CURRINGTON LYRICS:

"Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer"

what happened to America?

"Country Boy Can Survive"
[Originally sung by Hank Williams Jr.]

linetrash75 10-15-2010 04:22 PM

I mostly resemble the line, I ain't cutout to climb highline poles. And I used to be good at drinking beer not so much anymore.

Jed

cincydiesel 10-15-2010 04:46 PM

Cant stand the song personally.. Country people like myself have enough stereotypes put against us and this song sure doesn't help..

Now the other song in question[guitar]

chaikwa 10-15-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2858861)
Cant stand the song personally.. Country people like myself have enough stereotypes put against us and this song sure doesn't help..

Now the other song in question[guitar]

COUNTRY PEOPLE? YOU??? You make country people look like Donald Trump! Your more like Deliverance people!

rockcrawler304 10-15-2010 06:54 PM

I mainly resemble the title, [coffee]

Raspy 10-15-2010 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I get really tired of people celebrating stupidity, being proud of being stupid or lazy. A cute song about it just isn't that cute.

"Country Boy Can Survive" is a great song. Whole different story

Here's a deep thinker

Fronty Owner 10-15-2010 09:29 PM

the song does nothing for me.

Fire Rescue124 10-15-2010 09:39 PM

I'm a born and raised country boy from Central Oklahoma working on a farms and i can and will do anything that needs done, BUT i am good at drinking beer too. as i voted its just a song, get over it [dummy].... i don't have a problem with it at all. i don't are either way people will think what they want with or without this song.... Just my 2cents

1STGENFARMBOY 10-15-2010 10:49 PM

STUPID SONG... we don't need some dumb lazy a$$ that can't do nothing but drink put into a song for 8-14 Year olds to sing, ain't nobody more country/hillbilly/redneck than me and thats just a dumb song and i like currington, but i'm ultra anti drinkin cause my bro-in-law is on Deaths door
at the age of 45 from drinkin and my 23 yr old boy is goin down that same road.[verymad][verymad] THE LONGER YOU DRINK THE DUMBER YOU GET its a provin fact.

Darwin

RAMRODD 10-16-2010 06:34 AM

I don't care for Billy Currington's song "Perty good at drinking beer" But I would be willing to listen to it 24/4 if I would never have to Kenny Chesney's "The Boys of Fall" again!!

G1625S 10-16-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by RAMRODD (Post 2859055)
I don't care for Billy Currington's song "Perty good at drinking beer" But I would be willing to listen to it 24/4 if I would never have to Kenny Chesney's "The Boys of Fall" again!!

You owe me a new keyboard and a fresh coffee[laugh] So true, too, about the K.C. song....

gadget.35-06 10-16-2010 11:45 AM

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was Rodney Carrington...

Hvytrkmech 10-16-2010 11:48 AM

I think your confusing Billy Curringtons song with Toby Kieths video of "trailerpark". Either song is simply a mockery of a situation not meant to support stupidity or laziness.

nasty01cummims 10-16-2010 12:54 PM

Its just a song, get over it.

Justwannabeme 10-16-2010 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=04ctd;2858833]what kills me, is most guys I know are hard core. they can do, will do, over achieve. GIT SUM! is their motto.

Even JWBM is a monumental overachiever (ever seen her boat?)

i guess this song talks about being a useless peice of crap (like a katrina victim) like it is a good thing.

LOVE Country Boy will Survive by Hank Jr and Down in the Boondocks by little town?bro/sis band....

overachiever here, and we can survive *just fine*LOL. heheh Miss you John/SMChief/ Granpa!!

I do like the singer's laid back style along the lines of 70s Margaritaville Jimmy Buffet, but no story in it. just 'hi, got beer?' but it's just that, a catchy ditty.

yeah. the same 'Katrina city mentality' gets me too- Out in the Eastern border of LA, my cajun friend told me of a community effort to repair the older folks places, move the families with little ones in safer or make their place safer before they even took to their own places. asked for nothing from the guberment.those are my kind of people.

this song? I think of a nice looking, not stupid white guy who wants me to do all the cooking,cleaning, fixing,working, everything- so he can look good at a party that I have to pay for and clean up after. what would any woman see in that?..........sounds like a politician.